Riesentöter Forums
What's on tap for this winter - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Model-Specific (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: 911 Air-Cooled (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: What's on tap for this winter (/showthread.php?tid=901)

Pages: 1 2

- michael lang - 01-12-2008

Now that we are going into the dead cold of winter (here in Wash D.C. you'd think it was spring) and there's not a whole lot going on, so it's time to put on some beat up clothes and crawl around a cold garage floor and get down to business with this winter's projects. What are some of the things you guys will be doing this winter before the weather turns halfway decent and we start playing with our toys again?

This winter's project list is pretty short for me this year, I bought new gear shifter bushings and coupler a few years ago with the intent of rebuilding my car's shifter but really haven't needed it. I will be doing that this winter because I really want to have the shifter boot and knob redyed (a little faded). I also am replacing the driver door seal because it is getting torn from years of being kicked by previous owners dragging their big ass feet across the seal at the floor board and causing the seal to tear. I bought the pass side as well so I'll replace it so they both match. I also bought a new Rennline pedal set with new floor boards and a set of track mats. I can't wait to see how they look when I'm done, I'll be doing that this weekend. Those track mats are alot nicer than I had anticipated, very lightweight but alot more rigid than I had expected. And finally just some basic maintenance to get ready for spring when the track season starts again.

So, what's on tap for this winter in your garage?

- Wellardmac - 01-12-2008

Painting my rotors if I can get a few days with the temperature above 50F

- Tony356993 - 01-12-2008

Quote:Painting my rotors if I can get a few days with the temperature above 50F
How about painting your calipers instead. Wink

Mike,

Reading, video & snow driving should be on tap. Big Grin

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:Painting my rotors if I can get a few days with the temperature above 50F
How about painting your calipers instead. Wink

My calipers are in good shape, but I'm going to paint the hop hat part of the rotor to clean up the slight rust issues that Porsche rotors tend to have - it doesn't need it, but it gives a cleaner look.

my bad

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:my bad

Yeah, well, it's not a normal mod, but I'm a perfectionist. Smile

- michael lang - 01-12-2008

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote: snow driving should be on tap. Big Grin

It made it into the 70's here this past week, and the week before it was in the 20's. We have only had one snow fall so far this year it was gone in a day. But yes the reading and video have been on tap since the fall.

- LouZ - 01-13-2008

Dropping the engine to fix a couple of nasty oil leaks, mainly the cam gaskets. (Myles...still volunteering to "time" the cams?)

- Graham - 01-17-2008

Justed dropped the new race car off at Dougherty for electrical work and other 'stuff'.  VIR here we come!  Going to be a great year!

-GK