Riesentöter Forums
Der Gasser - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Der Gasser (/showthread.php?tid=910)

Pages: 1 2 3

- catchacab - 11-13-2007

I just finished reading this month's Der Gasser.  Then I read it again, and again , and then one more time.  I thought I had missed something after reading it the first few times.  Maybe I skipped a dozen pages, maybe my issue was missing pages.  No, there just wasn't anything in it.

Editor is a tough job.  Publishing 10 issues a year as a volunteer is a major task.  Finding appropriate articles, advertising, printing and mailing can be a full time job.

To improve D.G's content I would recommend the following:

1. Have a tech section.  This could be a DIY done by one of our members, or one of the local repair facilities.  It could one of or members or one of the repair and/or tuning facilities showcasing a Porsche they have recently worked on (with lots of pictures). Or just information about our cars, and available upgrades for both street and track.

2. Encourage our region own Ernest Hemingway to continue his monthly column.

3. Have a Back in History section, dealing with prior RTR events and history.

4. John F.  we need you and  "In the Marbles" back.

5. Our track team can have a section on performance driving like Brian S.'s "The Right Seat."

6. More articles on recent club activities.

7. We need to solicit contributions from our members.  Our region has a wealth of knowledge waiting to be tapped.  We just need to ask.

Maureen, good luck!

- ccm911 - 11-14-2007

I would be more than happy to get back to the Chuff Zone, but the fact is, nobody has contacted me at all. 

I just figured that there was no longer any interest, so I just backed off.

Your ideas are wonderful.  I especially like the idea of a tech section.  And with all the track junkies in this region, someone is always either breaking something/doing something stupid, or a combination of the two.

Now, with that being said.  You need to do an article.  I am sure there is stuff you have done to the 944s that would be greatly appreciated by the readers.

- jakp993 - 11-14-2007

There's nothing like leading by example - better get writing Eric  Smile

- catchacab - 11-14-2007

jakp993 wrote:
[quote]There's nothing like leading by example - better get writing Eric Smile
[/quote

Already in progress]

- jakp993 - 11-14-2007

gr8!

I need to get my butt back in gear as well.  I started out fine with the "from the right seat" column, but I ran out of time & energy as the season got into full swinig...

Jack

- ccm911 - 11-15-2007

So I guess this means that we will be seeing some pieces written by Eric and Jack.

Now where in the world has John Floyd gone?

- catchacab - 11-15-2007

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:So I guess this means that we will be seeing some pieces written by Eric and Jack.

Now where in the world has John Floyd gone?

That is correct Ernie!

- pmajka - 12-01-2007

these are great ideas, please send any suggestions to the new Editor of dergasser for 2008....

I will get her email address on the website during Winter Hibernation.

- Terry - 12-01-2007

Ernest Hemingway is rolling over in his grave. I see Chris more as Hunter S. Thompson, which I believe he (Chris, not Hunter) will accept as a compliment.

- Porshagod - 12-02-2007

Terry wrote:
Quote:Ernest Hemingway is rolling over in his grave. I see Chris more as Hunter S. Thompson, which I believe he (Chris, not Hunter) will accept as a compliment.
Yes, Chris "Gonzo" Mahalick it is!