Riesentöter Forums
Friday- Yuk! Saturday- Eh. Sunday - Great Fun! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Friday- Yuk! Saturday- Eh. Sunday - Great Fun! (/showthread.php?tid=925)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- Tony356993 - 11-11-2007

Thanks to all of the RTR track staff for another great DE. Friday was the pits (for staff and a half dozen drivers as well) but Sunday was great.

The track was really fast (Even at 45 degrees) and fun to drive - and the new surface isn't even good yet.

The combined red/black runs were a treat. Some folks might have been a bit timid but quickly adjusted to the speed and proximity of the cars. Good fun.

Thanks again for another great season.

- magnetic1 - 11-11-2007

Thanks for a great event and having a non-Porsche guy come join the party!.  I had awesome fun with you guys. 

Eric Wong

#199 Blue/White BMW M3

- Tony356993 - 11-11-2007

Eric,

You were driving very well this w/e and "played nicely" with the others. Big Grin

- Darren - 11-11-2007

Sunday's weather was a great way to end the event & season.  Even in the cold weather the track was faster than it was before the re-pave.

Those red/black sessions were a lot of fun.  In the last one there was a 7-8 car pack that was traveling very quickly Smile

I think it's great to have non-Porsches out there -- it's fun to see the strengths/weaknesses of different cars.

- Sechsgang - 11-11-2007

I hate it when those darn BMWs come on the track...always make me feel like poo...

Great driving Eric...I gave you das point a couple of times...

- michael lang - 11-11-2007

Yeah, I had a great time as well. I was watching the weather all week and was hoping that the rain would hang around for just one day because I really wanted to get some experience in the wet. I was more comfortable on Sat (warmth wise) and Sunday was a great day to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

Thanks again to my instructor Tony, dude you can ride in my car anytime.

- Gorgon - 11-12-2007

Thanks here from another non-Porsche guy and my first ever event of this kind.  I had an absolute blast and can't wait for next season.  Of course, now I have extra time to work on upgrades to my car.  I know what my instructor wants to see in the car first... SEATS! Smile

I met a lot of great people and thanks to all for making a new guy feel welcome and answering questions.

Leon

- pmajka - 11-12-2007

Thanks to all instructors for volunteering their time, knowlege and LIVES.  No instructors were hurt by their students during the making of this weekend.

Special thanks to Miles and Tom "ZAP" Dymant  for their time.

I learned a lot, i got faster.  This was my first repeat and I definetly learned that the same track is never really the same, especially with extreme weather and paving changes.

In the spirit of fun, i think the following test should be added for all blue and green students.

[Image: PBF235-Road_Test.gif]

- jakp993 - 11-12-2007

Tony,

Your topic name says it all!!

Generally, from a teaching standpoint, I like a wet first day.  But, the combo of rain, 41 degrees, and a new track surface was more than we really needed!  Unfortunately, too many drivers learned the hard way that you can't drive a track with a new surface the same as before, and that you have to approach the limit gradually with a slick surface.

On the positive side, Sunday was a real hoot!  The rumor that the track was :02 faster was correct for me.  I ran a full :02 faster (1:22.4) than ever at Summit and :03 faster than earlier this year. That was in traffic with tires I was hoping would make it thru the day.  I wonder how much better the track may be on a warmer day and with fresh rubber? 

I agree that the combined Red/Black sessions went well.  I saw some "creative" passing going on, but everyone kept their head about them and gave each other enough room to maneuver.   It's fun to drive with a group of folks you know you can trust.

As for non Porsche's, I love driving with a mix of cars out there.  That sentiment changes a bit when viewed from the registration perspective as the non member verification process is more time consuming for non-RTR members.  So, if you are a non-RTR member reading this board, please recognize this and be patient Smile

I'm glad Sunday turned out the way it did, cause I would have hated to end such a great year on a day like Friday.

Jack

- Brian Minkin - 11-12-2007

Yep...Sunday was great.  Got down to 1:27 in the new car so we are bonding well.