Riesentöter Forums
Pocono's Sunday afternoon open track--awesome! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Pocono's Sunday afternoon open track--awesome! (/showthread.php?tid=95)

Pages: 1 2

- Mike Thomas #828 - 09-26-2006

The blue group was out on the track and most of us were soloing....it was a great run and everybody had a great time dicing with each other....the laps just kept on clicking off and off and every time I passed the turn 5 flagging station as the session grew longer and longer---no checker.  The last thing I want to happen as I'm soloing is to miss a checker! Don't want to be that guy.  All of a sudden I come upon several cars on the track that I haven't seen all weekend...OK, haven't been black flagged yet..lets pit and see whats going on....met up with my blue pals....did you see a checker?  no me neither,  how bout you?   no. hmmmm...  I'm goin back down there.....you comin?  let's go....That was such a great learning experience... being on the track with drivers with all different levels of skill ...kept you on your toes...not to mention turning 25 or so consecutive laps....I was able to get into a such a zone...pitting for 5 minutes then turning 15 more laps....wow....I know that was only possible because most people ducked out early..but that has to happen more often on all of the tracks we run...I am looking forward to Pocono next year already because of the knowledge I've gained being able to run so many laps. I'm curious to hear comments from other people's experience that remained Sunday afternoon and their thoughts on the open track?  -Mike 828

- Brian Minkin - 09-26-2006

For the few brave souls that remained the rain ended and the track was hot! I was out for over 50 minutes untill the gas ran out. Yes it was fun and running in a group with green to red all combined was a great experience.  I enjoyed being on the track with friends that I never get to run with.  By the time I returned to the garage I had a grin from ear to ear. It worked well despite the different levels of skill and speed. I will encourage the powers to be to consider this again when the opportunity comes up. 

- Mike Andrews - 09-27-2006

Mike,

I'm glad you enjoyed the combined run groups.  We usually combine a couple of groups at the end of the weekend but with the significantly reduced level of participation we were able to combine more groups and still not have an over crowded situation.  I thought it worked out pretty well.  It allowed us to make up some of the lost time from Saturdays fog but sadly so many people gave up and went home early.  Their loss.

You guys did a great job of driving and not only keeping your eyes up and looking ahead but keeping an eye on your mirrors to let the faster cars go by.  I can’t remember when we had a cleaner session.  Well, Sunday at the Glen comes to mindWink

Again, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

- TwentySix - 09-27-2006

How'd we do with the MAW $$? 

elizabeth26 wrote:
Quote:How'd we do with the MAW $$?

I don't know.... we'll have to wait for Bill to do the final tally. But I don't think we'll be ashamed presenting the check to MAW....

- Tony356993 - 09-27-2006

Well we fixed one front wheel bearing at the track but we were not able to run on Sunday. Turns out it was the front left bearing not the front right. :?

Glad y'all had fun. Great event as always, Mike

Tony,

Any idea when the video of the flag talk will be on line?

- smankow - 09-27-2006

Mike Andrews wrote:
Quote:Tony,

Any idea when the video of the flag talk will be on line?

I think that Tony is still in negotiations with an agent for Dominic and Amelia for the theater release, then there's the video rental arrangements, then .... Big Grin. I think Tony's has his eyes on a new 997 Turbo.

Even with you getting upstaged by the kids, it was still another well run RTR event. Unfortunately, there is only one more DE left this year. Hard to imagine, isnt' it.

Steve

- Tony356993 - 09-27-2006

The kids have an agent. My Dad has been in a few movies and some ty shows and commercials. His agent should work fine for the kids. If Steve wants to convert the video (Mini DV) and put it on the web, that would be cool. The kids and I are working on a few new lines for the Summit flag presentation. Just to keep it fresh. Thanks all.

- smankow - 09-27-2006

if you can get me the video, I can handle the rest.  I am planning on going to Bones on Monday for the MNF game.

I'm not, however, able to make the meeting on Saturday due to my cousin also not coordinating his wedding with the RTR schedule.  And, I was really looking forward to more Victory Beer   Big Grin

Steve