Riesentöter Forums
2007 DE Schedule - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: 2007 DE Schedule (/showthread.php?tid=97)

- larrybard - 09-27-2006

I attended my first DE event, accompanied by my son, at Shenandoah earlier this year, and after 4 events am already eagerly looking forward to 2007 (thanks in large part to wonderful instructors including, most recently, Tony, and Jack K.).  I assume that Riesentoter reserves the same tracks around the same time year after year, but it would help to know the actual dates in 2007, particularly so I could begin plotting with my son how he might attend consistent with his college vacation schedule.  He's even more enthusiastic than I am about returning, perhaps because he still hasn't managed to pass my 993 in his 4 cylinder 2000 Camry.

When is the 2007 schedule likely to be made available?

Thanks,

Larry

- Brian Minkin - 09-27-2006

Larry,

Typically dates are around the same time but can move one weekend forward or backward once in a while.  The schedule usually comes out with tentative dates in February.

- Mike Andrews - 09-27-2006

Larry,

We're glad you are enjoying DE.  I really is a great group of guys and we are very proud of what we have built.

As Brian mentioned, the contracts start coming in toward the end of the year with the Summit Point dates being the last of the lot. 

While we certainly are at the mercy of the tracks schedule with regard to their big events we are pretty safe with the Pocono and the Glen dates.  You should be able to pencil those in for 2007. 

Tom and I will go over and meet with track management at Summit Point while we are there in November and see if we can't firm up dates with them as well.

Look for a schedule to appear in Der Gasser and on the web site early in 2007.

Another thing you may want to try and attend is the track clinic that is put on in the first quarter of the year.  We normally have that at Dougherty's (shameless plug <G>) and Tom will be putting that into motion as well.

- TwentySix - 09-27-2006

Why doesn't RTR go to Lime Rock?  It seems like a fun track, though I haven't driven it yet... my husband loves it.

- Mike Andrews - 09-27-2006

I checked into Lime Rock many years ago.  There were no weekends available and it didn't look like there would be any anytime soon. 

There are a number of people that have expressed interest but never enough to make a mid week event profitable (well, not with just RTR members).

- smankow - 11-20-2006

I agree that Lime Rock is a fun track, but it isn't quite as "user friendly" as many of the other tracks.  Because of their location, they don't run on Sunday and strictly enforce noise restrictions.  The only exception is maybe 2x per year for major events.

Plus, they raise their rates each year under the cover of "track repaving".  However, for those who have been there lately, they still haven't repaved the track.  They did pave the paddock area and became quite anal about trailers.  They "issue" wood blocks that MUST be returned or you're charged a hefty fee for it.  To make matters worse, I heard that the asphalt didn't cure well.

Because of the above, many regions have reduced or eliminated their events.  Apparently, that doesn't necessarily correspond to open dates, though.

Steve

- tomz - 12-04-2006

2007 DE Schedule

April 28-29  - Shenandoah

May 18,  Pocono - North Course (advanced)
May 19 & 20 -  Pocono - North Course

June 16 & 17 -  Jefferson Circuit
June 18 -   Summit Point

August 3, 4 & 5 - Watkins Glenn

August 23&24 - Summit Point  (Thursday and Friday)

Sept. 21 - Pocono - South Course (MAW)
Sept. 22 & 23 - Pocono -  North Course (MAW)

November 9, 10 & 11- Summit Point

- smankow - 12-05-2006

thanks Tom and welcome to the forum.

Brian posted the dates on a separate thread 2007 DE schedule, but more info is better than less.

Steve