Riesentöter Forums
new member - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Model-Specific (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: 911 Water-Cooled (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: new member (/showthread.php?tid=982)

Pages: 1 2

- Mike D - 01-19-2008

Hi My name is Mike,

I just purchased my first Porsche last week. 2002 C2 cab. Smile

Happy to find the local forum. Looking forward to any meets and DE

I am in center city. Any recommendation on an independent mechanic or a good dealership for service

Thanks

Mike

- michael lang - 01-19-2008

Welcome to the group. Everyone here is very friendly and pleasant to talk with. Congratulations on your recent purchase.

Although I can't really suggest any one shop, there are some definite favorites within the group. If you do a general search it'll give you many shops names and numbers.

Hope to see you this spring at Shenandoah.

- catchacab - 01-20-2008

Welcome Mike!

Make sure  you go to www.PCA.org and join the Porsche Club of America.

I have had my 2002 Cab serviced since new at Holbert's and have been very happy with them.  It is a drive for you, but I think it is worth it.  They only give free loaner cars to those who have purchased their car from them.

Good luck with your new car.

- Graham - 01-20-2008

Mike,

Welcome to one of the finest Automotive clubs around.  We are a good group of people that run a fun club, with the emphasis on DE.  That said, we also do rally's, picnics, scenic drives, AutoX's and hope to be adding a Concours this year (polish those cars, whoever is listening...).

As Eric said, join the club via pca.org.  Zone 2, RTR.  Marty will get you in our d.b. and you will then receive our monthly newsletter courtesy of Maureen.   In the newsletter, there are numerous sponsors and car facilities where you can take your vehicle for everything from a tune-up to roll bar installation. 

Check out our meeting schedule, starting this year on the 2nd of Feb in Wayne.  Following that event is vendor night at Dougherty Automotive on Feb 20 where there will be close to 100 members all gathering to talk cars, tracks and the upcoming year.

Good luck and welcome to the club!

-Graham (VeeP)

- Mike D - 01-20-2008

Thanks!

I found this site through the PCA site after joining.

Anyone use Cherry Hill imports?

Mike

- Tony356993 - 01-20-2008

Welcome to the club and congrats on your new car. I have used Brandywine for warranty work and I use Dougherty Automotive for DE prep on the other cars.

Don't be afraid to ask questions and introduce yourself at meetings or events.

- ccm911 - 01-21-2008

If you are in Center City, Mike Tilson Motorcars just ay be the spot for you.  Honest, experienced, and best of all, located right at the Overbrook station of the R5.  I have dealt with them for years, and have always been quite satisfied.

- Marty Kocse - 01-21-2008

Mike,

Welcome to the club.  If you have a chance, please try to attend one of our upcoming events (Philly Auto Show Feb 2nd, Vendor Night Feb 20th at Dougherty Automotive, etc.) and join in the fun.  No matter what the activity, you'll have a good time.  Please look me up also.  I can help answer any questions you may have about the club.

Marty Kocse, RTR Membership

- Mike D - 01-21-2008

Thanks everyone for the welcome and info. I look forward to meeting you in person at one of the next events

Mike

- Porshagod - 02-08-2008

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:If you are in Center City, Mike Tilson Motorcars just may be the spot for you. Honest, experienced, and best of all, located right at the Overbrook station of the R5. I have dealt with them for years, and have always been quite satisfied.
Ditto! Ask for Sue.