Riesentöter Forums
Group kart race in Delaware? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Social (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+--- Thread: Group kart race in Delaware? (/showthread.php?tid=153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Wellardmac - 11-14-2006

Hey, put me into a kart and I'm ruthless. Smile

...what's more I'll stall on the starting line, smoke the clutch, drive one handed and still finish in the top three. Big Grin

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-15-2006

Winter Hours are as Follows:

Monday - Thursday  3 pm - 10 pm

Friday - Saturday    11 am - 11 pm

Sunday                   11 pm - 8 pm

If we get 10 or more drivers, we can have 3 heats for $50/person.

If we have 8 or more drivers, we can have a 30 minute Sprint race for $45/person or a Mini Grand Prix with 20 lap qualifying and a 40 lap race.

If we have 16 or more drivers, we can have a team race with 20 lap qualifying and 80 lap race, 2 drivers per team and $130/team.

There are options to rent the track, too, but that might be too hard to manage.

Tony and others who have been there, what sort of race makes sense to you?

Also, what do you think, weekday evening or weekend day?

- Tony356993 - 11-15-2006

Those karts pull a lot of g's and you have no real support from the chest up so the weight of the helmet + the g's can put a hurtin' on your neck. 3 heats would be max for an old out of shape dude like me.

- Queboss - 11-15-2006

Hey, i've been there with bunch of guys from work... it's a lot of fun... They have computerized scoring that if you're fast enough, you can be in the top fastest lap of the day/month or even set a record. They have print outs at the end of the session.

- STEVEMCMORN - 11-15-2006

wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Hey, put me into a kart and I'm ruthless. Smile

...what's more I'll stall on the starting line, smoke the clutch, drive one handed and still finish in the top three. Big Grin

true ........ if only 3 people attend Confusedhock:

- Mike Andrews - 11-18-2006

STEVEMCMORN wrote:
Quote:wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Hey, put me into a kart and I'm ruthless. Smile

true ........ if only 3 people attend Confusedhock:

OuchConfusedhock:

I mentioned this in another thread, before I realized this was here. Rent the entire track for an hour. Call and ask him for the first hour of the day (mention the club (PCA, not the region) and you should get a discount - but it can not be a club function). we did that earlier and had a blast.

While we were down there I noticed that they had day rates where you could run all day, but that was during the week and most people are working. You guys are working aren't you.

Tony is 100 correct, us old guys will indeed have a problem running for extended durations.

- Brian Minkin - 11-18-2006

I think they offer reduced rates on Sunday afternoon/evening.  So maybe we could get the track for a few hours then.

- Curt P - 11-21-2006

I am a new member and I would be interested
in participating in a kart outing
Curt

- ccm911 - 11-21-2006

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:If we get 10 or more drivers, we can have 3 heats for $50/person.

If we have 8 or more drivers, we can have a 30 minute Sprint race for $45/person or a Mini Grand Prix with 20 lap qualifying and a 40 lap race.

If we have 16 or more drivers, we can have a team race with 20 lap qualifying and 80 lap race, 2 drivers per team and $130/team.
Now come on! The way to go would be the "Mini Gran Prix". Set a date and I'll be there. Why not put a sound beating on someone else's equipment for once? I like the idea of the team race, but why couldn't we do a 20 lap qualify and an 80 lap race without having to "Team up"?

- Wellardmac - 11-21-2006

I'd go free-for-all. Survival of the fittest! Big Grin