Riesentöter Forums
DE Insurance is available! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: DE Insurance is available! (/showthread.php?tid=377)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Marty Kocse - 03-09-2007

Already did.

- Tony356993 - 03-09-2007

Thanx - got 'em. I'll call Chris Monday. My AC insurance expires on the 13th - 3 days before VIR.

- Brian Minkin - 03-09-2007

This policy looks very good.  About 50% higher premium then American Collectors but much more resonable then Laurel DE.  With an old car like mine establishing an ageed value is a whole additional dimension that you with newer cars do not have to go through but its worth it if I can get DE coverage.  I have a feeling these guys are going to write a lot of insurance. 

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-10-2007

My quotation from Chris Maume for $90,000 coverage:

$2,700 Premium

4% E&S Tax- $108

$10 MVR fee-no markup and is one time only, not charged if renewed

Total-$2,818

He also said that he'd send me a copy of the policy when it's ready--it's not quite done yet, but it should be on his web site by March 15. He said to expect a standard auto polciy but without the on-track exclusion and with an over-the-road exclusion, that is, it will not cover the car anywhere but within the confines of a track facility, including the paddock. That also means it is not agreed value coverage--it's actual cash value, so if you insure for $90K but they determine your car, including modifications is only worth $85K, you only get a claim for $85K. That's how over-the-raod coverage works. They are offering coverage in every state except MA, NH and MI.

I plan to see the policy language (I cannot help myself) and if it's as advertised I'll sign up. Coverage is a full year and unlimited number of track days. That works well for me. That Laurel DE was not licensed to sell insurance anywhere in the US and the carrier did not have an AM Best rating were deal killers for me, although I have heard that they have paid their claims.

- Tony356993 - 03-10-2007

Thanks Chris.

Please keep us all informed. I will apply Monday since it would not hurt to have the coverage before VIR (even though Sharon is not going Wink). My AC coverage ends 3/13.

- Tony356993 - 03-10-2007

Are we at their mercy with the car value at the time of a claim being made?

I guess it is better than nothing and you never get your money out of mods but it would be nice going in to know the "value". 

- pnolan - 03-12-2007

My quote for $50,000 of coverage with tax etc is $1570.40.  Going to overnight them a check so I won't be uninsured at VIR - almost $1,000 less than Laurel DE with a much lower deductible.

- APXD 30 - 03-12-2007

The agent was responsive and it sounds like he is VERY busy today.  I overnighted my check at lunch.   As with any insurance, you hope you never have to use it.   It's well worth the piece of mind.

Chris Rock defines insurance as: In case $%*! happens.

- Tony356993 - 03-12-2007

I hope the guy sells a lot of insurance and has only a few claims. This way we can all be covered just in case.

I'm overnighting my check today.

- Tony356993 - 03-14-2007

Insurance Bound today! I hope I never need it.