Riesentöter Forums
The faster line up the essess at VIR - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: The faster line up the essess at VIR (/showthread.php?tid=444)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Hammerin Hank - 04-09-2007

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:You can get through Hogpen and track out off the course wot and be fine, just takes a confident driver (car is very straight and unloaded at that point). You absolutely must be wot before the compression bump or your slow.

Driving in similar conditions. PCA C will see 2:08- 2:10 top finishes at VIR, D 2:12- 2:14, E 2:14-2:18................ (stock class) The GTC and GTS cars can be all over the place on times because driver/car ability varies alot.

I think the agreement is 100% on Todd's ability, since most of us have driven with him. I dissagree with your assessment of Red/Black RTR run groups as slow in comparison to NASA challenge series drivers.

I think you need to realize that some of these cars don't even break 150 whp. It's sort of pointless to talk about times from different classed cars. Comparing high dollar 400+hp pro machines, against ex-grocery getters with not much more than sticky tires and a pray, is pretty silly.

Mr. Amy is very quick. I ran with him at a Nissan event last year. He holds a lot of track records for his class and has years of experience. I seriously doubt anyone in RTR could touch him, all things being equal. With equal cars, I'm not so sure I could touch him....and seeing as how RTR's finest took a thrashing by me at Mid-Atlantic this past winter...doh!... is that a rematch I hear waiting to happen? BRING IT!, LOL Wink (geez, was that cocky of me to say that?...:dudeSmile

- bobt993 - 04-09-2007

Not sure you read the thread completely Hank.  Big Grin

- Hammerin Hank - 04-10-2007

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:Not sure you read the thread completely Hank. Big Grin

I am.

Your cars may be faster...the drivers on the other hand? Sorry man...that's a stretch. If it is true, these hot shoes need to show up at the next MA meet. Tongue <<stirs the pot, returns to lurker status>>

- bobt993 - 04-10-2007

Um, let me refresh......

Thread posted a nice run by Todd, (who happens to instruct with RTR and run NASA).  Thread was a "fun" post. 

Steve had read times from a PCA race that suggested to him, independent of car/ability that the NASA cars/times/drivers were faster than most of the black and half the red run groups. 

The times he looked at were run in rain and bad conditions (which is never indicated in the data unfortunately).

Tony sought clarification. I added more relevant information based on actual data from DAS and timing systems present. 

Cars in lower stock classes PCA range from 180 hp to a max of 300.  Weights are a min of 2600 to 3400 lbs.  (you can read the stock class info).  Cars in lower classes have minimum access to "technology" and usually limited to original design criteria some 30years old with some exceptions. 

This has nothing to do with talent of NASA drivers, but you mixed that in.  Todds's driving speaks for itself and he needs not rant in order to get attention.  Great job Todd!!

XXXXXXXXXX

X             X

X      X

X

X

XXXXXXXXX

Here is  your trophy awarded from whoever attended your big victory over some club members (not even sure who attended) for your go-kart championship run at Mid Atlantic Go-Karts (great place by the way). 

Come out to an event as we all have a common interest in cars and fun. Wink

- Hammerin Hank - 04-10-2007

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:
This has nothing to do with talent of NASA drivers, but you mixed that in.

Not really. My first post was in response to this.

|

V
bobt993 wrote:
Quote: I dissagree with your assessment of Red/Black RTR run groups as slow in comparison to NASA challenge series drivers.
I disagree with your disagreement.....hey mang, you brought it up. [Image: 4_12_10.gif]

- Racingswh - 04-10-2007

Hank, gotta admit I do like the trophy. Wink

How have you been?

This is why forums are tough.  When you're talking you can explain statements and better understand what is being said by all parties.  The same statement can obviously mean two different things depending on who is reading it.  I know you know this.  In addition these guys are my friends like you are and I kind of know where they are coming from.  No one was really trying to say anyone was or is slow and I never meant it to be a comparison of talent and certainly not singling out individuals like GA although you may have taken it that way.  I know this doesn't make you feel any better but I think you understand what I mean. 

Pretty much everyone in the upper run groups at RTR get's around pretty darn good.  Yes there is some pretty awesome equipment to help them do that.  It is the Porsche Club and Porsches in general tend to work pretty well. 

Believe me I am aware of the talent GA, ER, and TR possess as they have over 20 yrs of W2W racing experience between them and they do tons of race weekends every year.  They get around in amazing fashion for what they are driving.  I don't think that was ever in question.    

Yep all in fun in the end.  Can't wait to get out there this season.  I will have one of the slowest cars on the track for our first RTR event.  I hope it rains cats dogs and some other animals to even things up a bit!  Should be interesting.

Who will I see at tech this Saturday at Holberts?  Shenandoah tech event.  See you there.   

Steve W. Hoagland

- smankow - 04-10-2007

I'm paroling myself from work to go to tech.  My eyes could use the rest