Riesentöter Forums
Shenendoah Registration - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Shenendoah Registration (/showthread.php?tid=309)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Tony356993 - 03-07-2007

The registrar should be monitoring this forum! Wink

- jakp993 - 03-07-2007

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:The registrar should be monitoring this forum! Wink

She is - sorta. We've split duties. Carol answers the hundred's of e-mails. I lurk on the forum. Like I said in another thread - we really need to get a life Tongue

Here's where we are with Shenandoah registration so far.

We've got a total of 67 non-instructors that have submitted registration requests - including those on the wait list. We have a wait list in every group except Red.

We've got 21 instructors signed up so far. That's fantastic for this early in the registration process. If this trend continues we may be able to open additional slots in the instructed groups.

For all of you non-instructors, Shenandoah is a really tough track to instruct. Many of our instructors experience motion sickness at Shenandoah. Being in the passenger seat is a lot different than in the driver's seat!

As such, we strive for a 1:1 ratio between instructors & students. This is an objective for all events, but it's particularly important for a track like Shenandoah.

So, if you are on the waitlist, it's probably not a bad idea to offer you favorite instructor bribes to register Smile

Just kidding..........

Jack

- michael lang - 03-07-2007

Jack, thanks for clarifying how the process works.  I now know what needs to happen for students to go to these events. It still can't hurt to keep my fingers crossed Big Grin

- betegh9 - 03-08-2007

Jack!

Bring a supply of Bonine (non-drowsy motion sickness pills) and have each instructor prone to this illness to take an hour before getting on the track.

Simple hu?

- jakp993 - 03-08-2007

Fortunately, I've never had an issue with motion sickness. 

I did an 18 mile open sea kayak trip along the Napali coastline in Kauia (which BTW I highly recommend) a few years ago.  The outfitters suggested we take Bonine the night and morning before.  I had no issues and I didn't feel drowsy at all. 

But, paddling a kayak at a few mph is different that driving a car at 100+ mph.  Don't think I'll recommend that to the instructors Smile

Jack

- betegh9 - 03-09-2007

jakp993 wrote:
Quote:Fortunately, I've never had an issue with motion sickness.

I did an 18 mile open sea kayak trip along the Napali coastline in Kauia (which BTW I highly recommend) a few years ago. The outfitters suggested we take Bonine the night and morning before. I had no issues and I didn't feel drowsy at all.

But, paddling a kayak at a few mph is different that driving a car at 100+ mph. Don't think I'll recommend that to the instructors Smile

Jack

Whatever you like.......IT'S A FREE COUNTRY.

- Phokaioglaukos - 04-15-2007

Who can say what it'll really by like by then, but it sure sounds better than the current rain we're having.
-
Saturday, Apr 28
[Image: 04.gif]

High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 69 °F
Clouds and sunshine

Sunday, Apr 29
[Image: 04.gif]

High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 70 °F
Times of clouds and sun

- michael lang - 04-15-2007

Patience has prevailed! I got my confirmation e-mail last night. I had been waitlisted since March 7 and my patience paid off. On top of that Chris's weather forecast is very promising for a fantastic event. I am really looking forward to meeting you guys in person in 2 weeks. See you at Shenandoah!

- Tony356993 - 04-16-2007

Congrats Mike! See you there.

- Phokaioglaukos - 04-17-2007

How can they pretend to know, but....

Saturday, Apr 28
[Image: 06.gif]

High: 69 °F RealFeel®: 65 °F
Mostly cloudy

Saturday Night, Apr 28
[Image: 18.gif]

Low: 53 °F RealFeel®: 53 °F
Rain