Riesentöter Forums
My New Shelby Rear Ended - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: My New Shelby Rear Ended (/showthread.php?tid=2556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- AMoore - 12-22-2010

Time for a replacement.  How about the new Boss 302 Laguna Seca Edition.  It is supposed to be a track beast.  Comes with R compound tires, harness pass throughs, super stiff suspension (5 settings), etc.

- Tony356993 - 12-22-2010

Thanks.

Can't get a laguna seca model unless u know someone and are willing to pay 20k over sticker.

I do have the right of first refusal for a regular boss 302 with a July delivery date. We will see.

- Tony356993 - 12-22-2010

Thanks Terry. I'm looking into this now. Looks like I'm going to be forced to get the car repaired. I will be looking into every available legal options will all parties involved.

- emayer - 12-23-2010

Tony,

I'm terribly sorry to hear this happened to you and wish a speedy recovery.

BTW, aside from a beautiful car, your garage is awesome!

My 2 cents both in terms of maintaining value and trust in the repair, I'd have the Shelby guys do the work.  I agree that Karrosie is an excellent local alternative.  They are one of few US shops certified to do work on the R8s and I understand they handle a lot of Ferrari repairs as well.

Best wishes.

- bobt993 - 12-23-2010

Tony,  sorry to hear about your accident.  I hope your neck recovers quickly.  I would bet on Terry's advice as he certainly knows his way around the legal system.

- catchacab - 12-30-2010

Tony,

Sorry to hear about the accident.  Hope you are ok.  Cars can be replaced, you can't.   I would rather have one of my cars destroyed than have a friend hurt or worse.  Happy Holidays to you and your family.

- dmano - 12-30-2010

Hi Tony,

We can do the repairs for you at our shop in Limerick. Give me a call as we do repairs and restorations on high dollar cars. 610-327-4366 Hope your neck is OK had the same type of hit 2 years ago and am still having issues talk to me about that also. Reared by an Accord going 50+ while I was stopped at a red light on City Line Ave.

David

- Tony356993 - 12-31-2010

emayer wrote:
Quote:Tony,

I'm terribly sorry to hear this happened to you and wish a speedy recovery.

BTW, aside from a beautiful car, your garage is awesome!

My 2 cents both in terms of maintaining value and trust in the repair, I'd have the Shelby guys do the work. I agree that Karrosie is an excellent local alternative. They are one of few US shops certified to do work on the R8s and I understand they handle a lot of Ferrari repairs as well.

Best wishes.

Thanks Eric. Had to build a spot for all the cars and my car "crap" that Sharon would not let in the house. Cool

Thanks Dave. I will find out next week if Shelby will repair the car in Vegas at the expense of the insurance companies. Having it repaired at Shelby will yield a car with the best paper trail and allow them to really inspect the underside of the car for high speed track safety. Will call about my neck. This will linger for years if not forever and might have sealed my fate for never getting back to the track. Time for some pt and to loose some weight.

Minoclan wrote:
Quote:Looks like justifiable homicide to me

Many that know me know that I'm a pretty intense person but I do not really get angry. To me anger is wasted energy. If there is a problem all my energies should go to evaluating the situation and planning a logical solution to the problem.

At the scene the young kid was very nice and quite mortified at what he had done. He very quickly came to make sure I was ok. We chatted a bit about what had transpired and let the pros do their work. Had he been properly trained on the track, this would not have happened. Even if his track vision failed him, he surely would not have hit the gas before the brake when he panicked - which he admitted in the police report. I knew he moving pretty good.