Riesentöter Forums
My New Shelby Rear Ended - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: My New Shelby Rear Ended (/showthread.php?tid=2556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- betegh9 - 01-05-2011

Tony,

Sorry to hear (read) about your bad luck.  From the first few shots of the Shelby, the damage don't look too bad........... The back of that car is pretty flat anyway, right?Confusedhock: Big Grin Now I know why rare cars are NOT driven......... They are put into a garage to watch it grow in value, maybe. 25 YO cars with 3000 miles on the odometer.  If you send the car back to Shelby, send it on to Barret Jackson in Arizona, next month they are having their big auction and you may get the most for the car.  Part with it fast, it may be the best decision you have maid.

What would have been if you have a incident at the track with the same car?  You wouldn't have anyone to go after except the insurance company that you got the TRACK INSURANCE from.  Totaled or not, I bet that all kind of things would be going on.  People ask me: " What is the best car to take to the track?"  My answer is always, no matter whom:  "Take the best and most reliable expensive car that you can walk away from without worrying or looking back".............. and that threshold is different for every person.

When I take my Porsche to the track, I don't drive it 10/10ths, probably 7/10ths, and if I am pushed, maybe 8/10ths.  My 42 YO car is probably gaining in value, so at some point, she may become a garage queen and be replaced with a 10 year old Boxter that I can beat around on the track at 10/10ths.  I am part of a team where we race 2 LEMONS that can not be worth more than $500.00 each, plus any safety equipment and consumables (4 tires are worth more).  The Lemons has been the most fun experience I've had with my pants on, and the biggest bang for the buck.

Oh!!  Maybe we can turn that Shelby into a Lemon!!Confusedhock:Big Grin

In any case, get well soon, and bring a Hummer to the track, which are becoming RARE also, but harder to damageCool:dude:   It looks like you have space in the garage.  In 100 years, the Hummer will be looked at as the white elephant of the previous century.

- ccm911 - 01-19-2011

Tony:

Any updates?  Based on what I have read, you are physically OK, which is good.

Have any provisions been made towards shipping the car out to the Shelby facility?

In case anyone hasn't told you recently, between the Shelbys and the Porsches, you have excellent taste in cars.Big Grin

- Tony356993 - 01-21-2011

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Tony:

Any updates? Based on what I have read, you are physically OK, which is good.

Have any provisions been made towards shipping the car out to the Shelby facility?

In case anyone hasn't told you recently, between the Shelbys and the Porsches, you have excellent taste in cars.Big Grin

Thanks Chris. Back much better, neck getting better but much slower recovery. There was an issue having the car fixed at Shelby. Will be fixed here. It will be alright but never the same. Such is life.

- ccm911 - 05-09-2011

So what ever happened with the Shelby?

- Marty Kocse - 05-10-2011

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:So what ever happened with the Shelby?

My guess is we might see it at Pocono this weekend maybe???

- pearlcoupeg35 - 05-11-2011

I saw the car a few weeks ago...and wow...you would never know anything happened.  The shop that did the work did a great job (ill let Tony say it here if he wants) and the smile on Tony's face when he cruised out in the car showed me that he was happy with it. 

Now about taking it to the track....Cool