Riesentöter Forums
Dealer recommendations? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Towing and Trailers (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Dealer recommendations? (/showthread.php?tid=883)

Pages: 1 2 3

- George3 - 11-16-2007

Darren wrote:
Quote:Ahhh...that was your car....I love the color!!
Thanks

- steveh - 11-16-2007

Great setup!  Even the trailer wheels are cool.

- Graham - 11-21-2007

Someone is hooked... Wink  Good for you George!

- George3 - 11-27-2007

Chris  -
Have you made any decisions as to the direction for your new trailer?

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-27-2007

I've agreed to buy the Miata, but the seller will store it at the track through April (first two races at Summit Point), so I don't have the urgency I thought I did. I may just continue to drive to/from DEs in the Porsche and keep the Miata at SP.

I'm settling in on a 24' Cargo Express steel enclosed trailer and a Toyota Tundra tow vehicle, but then everything may change before I have to make a decision. I am surprised at how inexpensive adding an air conditioner to the trailer can be. Need a cool shirt for the car, though.

- George3 - 11-27-2007

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:I've agreed to buy the Miata, but the seller will store it at the track through April (first two races at Summit Point), so I don't have the urgency I thought I did. I may just continue to drive to/from DEs in the Porsche and keep the Miata at SP.

I'm settling in on a 24' Cargo Express steel enclosed trailer and a Toyota Tundra tow vehicle, but then everything may change before I have to make a decision. I am surprised at how inexpensive adding an air conditioner to the trailer can be. Need a cool shirt for the car, though.
Nice....
That should be a nice setup. Enclosed is the best way to go if your tow vehicle can handle it. My Jeep is good, but not that good! Great the seller will hold the car for you there. Gives you some time to decide what's best to do. Just curious, why the Tundra?

George3 wrote:
Quote:Just curious, why the Tundra?
Once I decided I did not need a diesel (and heard some concerns about the current diesel generation), the Tundra became ok. A Toyota has a LOT more family acceptance. Not so much a real pick up truck.

- George3 - 11-27-2007

A Toyota has a LOT more family acceptance. Not so much a real pick up truck.

Will you be going with the 4-door model?

Yes, the crew cab in any pickup truck.

I have very mixed feelings about trailering the Porsche, and I think that I will not need to trailer the Miata. It would be convenient to have gear and other wheels in a trailer, but inconvenient to drag the trailer and have a pick up truck.

- Phokaioglaukos - 02-21-2008

I still like the 24' enclosed trailer, probably steel as the aluminum trailers are not much lighter, BUT I've concluded that the Tundra will not do the job. It does not have sufficient payload to handle the tongue weight of a 24' trailer (9-15% of loaded trailer weight).

See the new thread asking for larger pickup thoughts.