Riesentöter Forums
Gone into hibernation :( - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Gone into hibernation :( (/showthread.php?tid=177)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Wellardmac - 12-03-2006

Sleeper is an understatement! That's one nice clean and well modified car!

Are you going to post the cars on the for-sale forum?

Sad to hear that the Turbo is going too. Sad

- Hammerin Hank - 12-03-2006

Thanks. Power to weight is around 6.0lbs/hp. 375hp at the crank @ 16psi. It weighs 2300lbs. It's a handful. Low 20's at the Point. Around town, most people think it's a cutesy car, until it opens up. Confusedhock: 

I have it for sale on the Nissan Forum I belong to. Do you think anyone would be interested in it over here? I really wasn't planning on marketing it here.  

- Wellardmac - 12-03-2006

I'll bet that thing moves.

The reason I suggested it was that others might be interested posting it here, as others might also be interested in using it for AX.

- Wellardmac - 12-27-2006

The baby came out to play today... well, actually we replaced the front bumper with the aerokit cup front bumper.... whoo-hoo! Nice bumper. I can't wait to get the rocker panels on there. Smile it will be sooo nice to lower the profile of the car.

Once we figured out the plastic fasteners it wasn't a bad job to do... fairly easy, it just took some brute force to get the alignment between panels right... definitely a two person job.

- ccm911 - 12-28-2006

Looks great!  What wax did you use?  Are you uing the Griot's garage buffer?  I have been sing 3M polish, followed by a hand glaze, ending with a coat of Meguiar's NX wax.  Once done, a simple hand wash will keep it looking good as new.

But hibernation??!!  Put on another coat of wax, and you'll be ready for a winter's worth of beating.  No other car handles quite like a Porsche in the snow.  Plus, with that beautiful white finish, you'll be disguised from the police on snowy days.

- Wellardmac - 12-28-2006

Thanks!

The bumper is not waxed yet, as it's still freshly painted, much as it looks really nice in the last photo. Smile Actually, the bumper has a fine layer of dust and a nice spatter of my blood caused by me cutting my finger when doing the install. It's not a project unless blood is shed during the process. Smile

I detail the car with Mother's Pure Carnuba Wax. Hand apply, orbital buffer with a terry mitt to remove the wax, then buff with a microfiber mitt. It's great wax and I hear that a lot of enthusiasts that show their cars swear by it.

This nice weather is killing me... I'd love to have the car out up until they start salting the roads, but I don't want to be washing the car in freezing weather in order to cover it up. My car has a seasonal plate on it, so after November it's pretty much done for the year, unless I decide to renew the tag before the spring (I actually have a tag up until Feb. this year due to a screw-up by the DMV).

The next time it will be out on the roads will be Jan 20th to go and have the side skirts fitted by Holberts... I'm praying for a couple of road salt-free days. Smile

The only annoyance in fitting the bumper was the a small area of clear coat around around the side markers crazed a little, so I'll have to get that fixed - thankfully the vendor has agreed to cover the cost of fixing the paint. otherwise it wasn't a bad job to do.

- smankow - 12-28-2006

Wayne, I agree with Mother's products and use them regularly.  Are you using the liquid or hard wax?

For my full detail, I use their 3-step process (pre-wax cleaner, sealer glaze and liquid wax) plus Zaino polish before the wax.  Also, I'll use both the liquid and hard wax.  I use the orbital buffer for each stage.

Now, you just need to get out and drive your car.

Steve

- ccm911 - 12-28-2006

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:The only annoyance in fitting the bumper was the a small area of clear coat around around the side markers crazed a little, so I'll have to get that fixed - thankfully the vendor has agreed to cover the cost of fixing the paint. otherwise it wasn't a bad job to do.
Why don't you give Mike urphy, one of our club members a call on the clearcoat. I spoke to him about a small repair on my car, and he indicated that he does that type of work, in addition to his paintless dent removal. And I almost forgot, Brian Minkin does repairs as well, but I think he specializes in interiors.

As for the carnuba, good stuff, but tough to use on darker colors. It always seems to swirl.

Just my two cents.

smankow wrote:
Quote:Are you using the liquid or hard wax?

For my full detail, I use their 3-step process (pre-wax cleaner, sealer glaze and liquid wax) plus Zaino polish before the wax. Also, I'll use both the liquid and hard wax. I use the orbital buffer for each stage.

I use the liquid. I like a good finish, but I also like it to be easy to apply. Smile

You do a pretty impressive detail regimine. I'd be interested in comparing results to see if the extra steps bring me even more shine. I'm really lucky that my car has great depth of image and very few swirls, but I'm always open to alternative ways of doing things to make sure the car stays that way.

Well, so be honest convenience comes into it. Holberts will be getting the car on the 20th to do the rocker panel install, so it's not a big deal for them to spend an hour or so fixing the clearcoat. I was just going to use swirl remover to fix it myself, but the vendor I bought the aero kit from insisted that I got a professional to do it and he would cover the cost.

Regardless, it is still goo to get recommendations of people that do a good job. I knew about Brian doing interior work, so he's already on my mental list of people to call on if I need him. You said Mike Murphy does paint repair? Do we have contact info for him somewhere?