Riesentöter Forums
2014 RTR DE Schedule - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: 2014 RTR DE Schedule (/showthread.php?tid=3612)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: 2014 RTR DE Schedule - BBrandis - 01-16-2014

Will DE be providing a "Taste of the Track" again this year? I participated in it last year and had a blast.

RE: 2014 RTR DE Schedule - Marty Kocse - 01-16-2014

(01-16-2014, 01:08 PM)BBrandis Wrote: Will DE be providing a "Taste of the Track" again this year? I participated in it last year and had a blast.

Hi Brian,
YES - We certainly will and I'm really glad you had a blast. We just have to figure out the format for 2014 as we may have some changes. In any case, the newcomers can join us for "Intro to DE", and the veterans of the Intro program can step up to the full DE weekend. So, what do you say?

RE: 2014 RTR DE Schedule - BBrandis - 01-16-2014

I know I'm not ready for stepping up to the full on DE weekend yet. I think if I could get one more "taste of the track" day I might be ready. Would I be able to do the TofT again since I already did it once or is it once and done?

RE: 2014 RTR DE Schedule - Marty Kocse - 01-16-2014

(01-16-2014, 03:14 PM)BBrandis Wrote: I know I'm not ready for stepping up to the full on DE weekend yet. I think if I could get one more "taste of the track" day I might be ready. Would I be able to do the TofT again since I already did it once or is it once and done?

Yes, you can certainly sign up again, no problem. If you want to discuss joining us for a full weekend to ease any concerns, just reach out to me anytime at track@rtr-pca.org.

RE: 2014 RTR DE Schedule - MikeKling - 01-19-2014

BBBrandis,

I would suggest that you sign up for the Pocono event. The Pocono North track is the easiest (only 5 turns to learn) track on RTR's schedule. Secondly, if it really turns out the DE is not for you, its a short drive home.

Your first time can be intimidating, but you aren't alone. Most folk have some anxiety, its perfectly normal. I know I did. I also know that our Instructors are very patient and all understand what its like to do this for the first time. If you choose to sign up let Marty know that it is your first time and he will insure that you get the right match for an Instructor.

2014 RTR DE Schedule - michael lang - 01-19-2014

BBrandis, if you're lucky you will get Kling assigned to you as your instructor.
I say just jump in, even after 8 seasons, I still have butterflies every single time I pull up to pit out. It is completely normal to feel the way you do.

RE: 2014 RTR DE Schedule - rap - 01-20-2014

I think if you were to talk to most guys about their first event you would hear many of the same responses. You should be anxious, a little scared and wondering if this is such a smart thing to do. Lang thanks for your comment I thought I might be the only one that felt that way!
Kling is right about Pocono. It's where I started and is pretty user friendly, except for the weather!

RE: 2014 RTR DE Schedule - StoogeMoe203 - 01-20-2014

Brian, you'd do fine at a DE. You were doing really well at the DE intro. I don't think you'd have any problem whatsoever. Starting at a simple-to-learn track like Pocono North as Mike suggested is a great idea. Hope to see you out there!

RE: 2014 RTR DE Schedule - Brian Minkin - 01-20-2014

Brian,
A couple of RTR's fine instructors have given you great advice. Pocono North is easy to learn, freshly paved, wide and very rewarding when you get it right. Our spring event is two days for instructed students because Friday is an advanced day. This is the perfect step after Intro To DE. Hope we have presuaded you to register as a green student.

Brian Minkin
RTR Chief Instructor

RE: 2014 RTR DE Schedule - daiver8772911 - 01-21-2014

When is Taste of the Track held? I'm up for it...the only DE I did (through NASA) was at Homestead around 3 years ago...it's time to get back to it and try my hand at AX also.