Riesentöter Forums
6th RTR AutoX+ Roadshow event - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: 6th RTR AutoX+ Roadshow event (/showthread.php?tid=799)

Pages: 1 2 3

- pmajka - 09-25-2007

ok, emailed the cpa webmaster...

- pmajka - 09-26-2007

The results...

- Vytenis - 09-29-2007

It won't make a difference in the points standings, but just to keep it official...do we get 10 points for attending a driving event (Pocono) other than the official autocross like earlier in the year?

"V"

- pmajka - 10-02-2007

Hey steve, what are the current standings????

would like to post on the website.

- STEVEMCMORN - 10-03-2007

pmajka wrote:
Quote:The results...
Just looked at the PDF of result -- did someone really do the Herscehy autoX in a Cayenne???

- STEVEMCMORN - 10-03-2007

pmajka wrote:
Quote:Hey steve, what are the current standings????

would like to post on the website.
Wow - you are very keen -- seems to me like you think you are winning the championship ............ well, you are but not for the reason you think............

The delays in posting results have been due to tense discussions and negotiations by the AutoX sub-committee to decide whether full points should be awarded for Hershey as only 2 people actively participating in the Championship attended ...as the rest were at M-A-W ..... doing their bit for charity (dude, you should have seen the table dancing...!!!). The final decisions was to award participation points only to those who went to Hershey BUT not give participation points to those who went to MAW. As a result, you are leading but 2 points ......... will post update championship points and positions in next 5 minutes.

If you would like to make a formal protest, please feel free to rant on the forum -- public airing of dirty laundry is always funny

Cheers S, B & G

- pmajka - 10-03-2007

It was understood that the Fathers day AX (a big scheduling mistake if you ask me) was participation points, and participants could have gone to any AX. 

I didnt go, I got no points.

But to advertise an event in a competition as "[size="1"]PAX Championship[/size][size="1"]Points will be awarded for attendance & final position at this event" , [size="2"]Then change policy after the fact because Ya'll didnt show up to another poorly scheduled event is Poor Sportsmanship.  What if 3 people showed up, would that have counted for position, or is the cut off 4 people?  [/size][/size]

I probably would not have said anything, but after reading your explanation for the decision (and i am having a bad night), I think the decision, by the governing body, is.....

BULL!
[Image: attachment.php?id=1141]

seriously, you need to make a clear policy for next year and stick to it.  (if you dont, i am just gonna go NASCAR on you Tongue).

- hardrivn - 10-03-2007

Heck it was my first PCA autoX, I am not involved in the points or championship etc., my point is I am about as independant as you can get.

I think it is BS to change it after the fact, people who are running for the championship knew the potential impact of not attending this event to their points standings and made their decision, of the 2 people that did actually attend, maybe they had better things to do that weekend but decided that they didn't want to risk the points.

- TwentySix - 10-04-2007

- Graham - 10-04-2007

We are in discussions right now to rectify the situation.  I understand the concern for all parties and will update you once a final decision has been made.

-Graham