Riesentöter Forums
PA/NJ Spring Fling 2010 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Touring (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: PA/NJ Spring Fling 2010 (/showthread.php?tid=2153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- JP3670 - 04-11-2010

New Members John & Jean will be joining w/ our 2 kids.

- Wellardmac - 04-20-2010

Well, I hate to do this and disappoint everyone, but it has recently become apparent that I will not be able to organize and run the drive on May 8th. Several conflicts have arisen in the last few days that will make it hard for me to find time to do the pre-run and the drive itself.

I hope to find a date in a month or so that will allow us to run the drive at a later date. Sad

- 968SilverCab - 04-26-2010

This is disappointing, I was really looking forward to seeing and driving with all of these beautiful Porsches.  Looking forward to the re-scheduled event.

Jay

- Wellardmac - 04-27-2010

yeah, I'm disappointed too. Sadly the brown stuff all hit the fan at the same time and I'm left with not enough hours in the day to get everything done... at least for a few weeks.

- fslack19380 - 05-06-2010

Wow - My wife & I really were looking forward to this run. We are keeping hotel res and will play up in New Hope.

Please try to re-schedule. FredS

- pmajka - 05-06-2010

We have  date for the event yet???

hope all is better now.

--Peter

- MikeKling - 05-07-2010

A universal truth is we can't control when the fecal matter collides with the oscillator.  Best Wishes, hope all is well.  Looking forward to the re-schedule.

Mike

- Wellardmac - 05-08-2010

Thanks guys. No, no new date yet. Life is just too busy to think about it. I got back from a week of travel late last night.

It's hard to think about the "optional" stuff in life when you're too busy chasing the things that have to be done.

- iceben - 05-09-2010

Well, I hate to do this and disappoint everyone, but, we drove the covered bridge route yesterday and it was great! Even the weather cooperated for the second half of the drive.

Midnight blue was kind enough to give us a previous set of directions and they were very good. We missed two turns and hit two closed roads (with well marked detour routes). Made a side trip to the Van Sant airport where a motorcycle tour was preparing to start.

After the tour my navigator and I went to the brew pub in New Hope and enjoyed the entertainment. It consisted of a swarm of unusual people who were there for Goth Night and a small group of firefighters who were there for the smoke coming from the kitchen! Oh, and there was a power failure too. But the beer was delicious and cold, so we carried on.

The group on the tour was just barely a group. Unfortunately we didn't know that most of the participants are active on this board and not on www.planet-9.com where we saw the post by wellardmac. We found out when we were rudely interrupted during our lunch at a country store by a guy who had seen our cars in the lot and felt compelled to come and talk to us. He turned out to be a very nice fellow who owns a 944 with a Corvette engine!

Anyway, when we get home today I'll post some pictures and a short video or two.

- asher681 - 05-09-2010

Ben,   Enjoyed meeting your group at lunch while I was  pre- running the route for RTR's porsche & Polo on June19th.    Hope to see you & your group at some of our events (social & or D/E) in the future, if you have any ideas our social chair,  Rita Hancock  is very receptive....

P.S. Did not mean to come off as rude, it is hard to ignore "Porsche" people on a sunday drive.......

Joe Asher,  Riesentoter VP