Riesentöter Forums
Corvette Club Autocross Pictures & Results.... - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Corvette Club Autocross Pictures & Results.... (/showthread.php?tid=2929)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Craigs*84 - 08-24-2012

arena wrote:
Quote:betegh9 wrote:
Quote:I am not a mathematician.......HOW ARE POINTS AWARDED? Some events, max is 70, and others, 60. Does it have something to do with number of participants? Is there a formula?
By the way, Stephane was only 0.2 seconds behind in PPF

5 points per participant. So you are awarded points for how many people you beat. The idea is to encourage participation, because everyone gets points.

I agree that minimum points should be awarded for participating .....If you don't finish in the money, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th ....etc..... and the points should be less than the lowest awarded points finisher..

Awarding points for how many people you beat.... well.... seams a little grabby ....

If only 3 people show up they should get 1st,2nd,3rd .etc ..place points period...

If 100 people show up and the same 3 finish 1st >3rd , the same points should be awarded. The other 97 should recive the minimun points (2 or 3 not 5)

I agree with Dave....

- CarreraSupercharged - 08-24-2012

Craigs*84 wrote:
Quote:arena wrote:
Quote:betegh9 wrote:
Quote:I am not a mathematician.......HOW ARE POINTS AWARDED? Some events, max is 70, and others, 60. Does it have something to do with number of participants? Is there a formula?
By the way, Stephane was only 0.2 seconds behind in PPF

5 points per participant. So you are awarded points for how many people you beat. The idea is to encourage participation, because everyone gets points.

I agree that minimum points should be awarded for participating .....If you don't finish in the money, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th ....etc..... and the points should be less than the lowest awarded points finisher..

Awarding points for how many people you beat.... well.... seams a little grabby ....

If only 3 people show up they should get 1st,2nd,3rd .etc ..place points period...

If 100 people show up and the same 3 finish 1st >3rd , the same points should be awarded. The other 97 should recive the minimun points (2 or 3 not 5)

I agree with Dave....

I fought this very hard as well a few months ago,... where were you guys !!!:?

You are getting sleeeeepyyyy,... you are,.......

- Ccns23 - 08-24-2012

If it really matters that much how many points you get for an auto x event you may want to rethink your priorities in life....

- betegh9 - 08-24-2012

Points are irrelevant when you just go out and have fun. AX is just about the only competitive event the club offers for a reasonable cost that most can afford. With that in mind, we are engaged in competition, not just against our fellow club members, but also against others from other car clubs. Since we have a few participants from RTR, with different cars, we found it unfair to place everyone in one class, so thus a PAX system was devised just for Porsches. I think that. awarding points for participating (whatever that might be) encourages participation, so be it.
AX is a great venue for anyone to learn car control for any speed, and it is a shame that a large region as ours (over 1200 members), only a handfull of people participate. HPDE is driver's education where green and blue drivers never experienced a slide or a spin, so they have far less knowledge of CAR CONTROL than an AX'er after 3 events. We offer FREE instruction, so what's keeping members away?

Thank you Nick, very well said.

It never ceased to amaze me how some can simply criticize and have opinions, yet never showing up to events,...

Ccns23 wrote:
Quote:If it really matters that much how many points you get for an auto x event you may want to rethink your priorities in life....
I wonder how the SCCA would respond to that,...

- Ccns23 - 08-24-2012

Do you think quibbling over "points" and who gets what might turn people off a bit?

I 100% agree that AX is a great way to learn how to drive our cars properly for a relatively cheap investment in time and money. But silly nonsense like this (and the early start times at venues no where near my house) keep me from attending.

- betegh9 - 08-25-2012

Ccns23 wrote:
Quote:Do you think quibbling over "points" and who gets what might turn people off a bit?

I 100% agree that AX is a great way to learn how to drive our cars properly for a relatively cheap investment in time and money. But silly nonsense like this (and the early start times at venues no where near my house) keep me from attending.

Just like anything in life............IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH, you do what it takes. Mount Everest is too far, too high, too cold, months to prepare just to be on top of the world, so why bother. Amazingly, hundreds of people make that treck yearly risking more than time. Drag racers spend thousands in time and $$$, in search of a record that lasts 6 seconds or less ....... and the same goes for anything else in life.

There are INOVATORS AND DOERS, and there are people that just barely exist and do the minimum.

- CarreraSupercharged - 08-25-2012

Again,.. big thanks to all who were willing to get up early, travel far from their home and share the same passion for Auto-X motorsport.

- Craigs*84 - 08-25-2012

Cheers! Stephane & Nick...  well said!