Riesentöter Forums
Hershey Autocross 3/25/12 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Hershey Autocross 3/25/12 (/showthread.php?tid=2932)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Vytenis - 03-25-2012

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:Thanks V, Looks like your son did very well and is right on your heels. Couple more events and he will be beating you with dad's car. He beat also last year's RTR AX champ........... you know who.

I will be soliciting advice... Should I quit autocross now?

"V"

PS As a Dad of a 16 year old at his first autoX, who just got his license last month, I am impressed (and worried).

- Craigs*84 - 03-25-2012

Jhon did a fantastic job for his first time out....

It looks like fast runs in the family Smile

- Craigs*84 - 03-25-2012

RTR's finest geting the junk out  the trunk......

- Craigs*84 - 03-25-2012

Jhon trying to get his car to stick in the corners......

- Craigs*84 - 03-25-2012

Still can't figure out why his tire pressure is all over the place..........

- Craigs*84 - 03-25-2012

Jhon didint know "V" was letting the air out of his tires while he wasn't looking Tongue....

Wellcome to the RTR autocross crew !!!

- trevornaidoo - 03-25-2012

Craigs*84 wrote:
Quote:Jhon did a fantastic job for his first time out....

It looks like fast runs in the family Smile
Awesome job John! You looked great out there! V, great testament to your superior coaching.

- csmith74 - 03-26-2012

Great driving, everyone!  The RTR really showed it's presence, with our entire gang placing in the top three slots in every class we entered.  Congratulations to Trevor, who was driving like he was already late for his flight, and to V and Craig, who were right on his heels.  Major congratulations to V's son John, who was startlingly fast.  V promised to install a radio controlled govenor to keep him under control for the next event.  We missed you Nick, without our ringer that yellow boxter driven by Alan Pozner managed to slide it's way backwards through the finish line in first place.  Thanks again, John our glorious leader for the jacket... it REALLY came in handy out there when the wind went sub zero.  Great fun, all day.  Can't wait for the next event! Wink

- arena - 03-29-2012

Craigs*84 wrote:
Quote:Still can't figure out why his tire pressure is all over the place..........

Frustratingly, the bumping that I thought was my tires rolling over on the sidewalls is most likely a bent wheel...

Also, I annoyingly over-did the front camber... which means in slower turns there wasn't enough lateral force to lay the tires flat, which gave me understeer in the slower corners but a balanced car in the faster stuff... Hence the spin.

Sheesh... AX is difficult...

- betegh9 - 03-29-2012

arena wrote:
Quote:Craigs*84 wrote:
Quote:Still can't figure out why his tire pressure is all over the place..........

Frustratingly, the bumping that I thought was my tires rolling over on the sidewalls is most likely a bent wheel...

Also, I annoyingly over-did the front camber... which means in slower turns there wasn't enough lateral force to lay the tires flat, which gave me understeer in the slower corners but a balanced car in the faster stuff... Hence the spin.

Sheesh... AX is difficult...

Hey Jonathan! You are doing too much to that car without trying to work with the way it came. Camber settings are directly related to the type of tire you are using. I don't know what tires you have on your car, but if it is a street compound, it is best to leave stock settings. Pay attention to tire wear and a pyrometer would be a plus. I can still teach you grasshoppers a few things..........Big Grin

Don't blame the car for the spin........You gave all the imputs to the car that is supose to be well balanced to begin with. Maybe is the nut behind the wheel that needs a little torquing......:?Confusedhock: Study balance, do not load any corner past it's 100% of adhesion. SMOOOOOOOOTH IS THE ANSWER.