Riesentöter Forums
New Jersey Motorsports Park – Thunderbolt Raceway - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: New Jersey Motorsports Park – Thunderbolt Raceway (/showthread.php?tid=124)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- ccm911 - 11-03-2006

You make me laugh so hard! 

Now.....do you think the absolute fantasy track would have a shooting range and trap house?  That would be the best. 

Do you think the folks from Millville would mind if we showed up toting guns while driving loud cars? Smile 

- Mike Andrews - 11-03-2006

We wouldn't even need a range.  Just a tower and a couple of targets to attach to a few of the "slower" cars Big Grin

- Nick - 11-03-2006

Everyone is welcome at my house!Smile

There are NO noise restrictions at the track.  It is next to a municipal airport and there aren't many houses in the area. Spectator events are included in the plans. 

- Wellardmac - 11-03-2006

Okay, let me get my position clearly set out before people attribute a position to me that does not exist.

i) This is not about politics and I'm not going there.

ii) This is all about the people of Millville and what they want. Theirs is the only opinion that matters. Outsiders should keep their noses out.

iii) Whether it's for DE or AX is 100% irrelevant to this discussion and a blatant red herring, Steve, you should know better. My opinion on the use of the site is 100% irrelevent, as is yours unless you live in Millville. I would support either use, as it would benefit the club and the members, but as we don't live and vote in Millville, then it's not our place to try and foist our opinions on them.

As I said in my earlier post, it's all about Millville, what THEY think is best for them, what THEY want and THEIR ability to make that decision unimpeded by adminstrative hurdles and the voices of outsiders.

Their political, social, and economic status does not change my opinion and is not a part of my logic. Interventionism is wrong, plain and simple.

- Tony356993 - 11-03-2006

Quote:.............couple of targets to attach to a few of the "slower" cars

Mike,

Great visual. Big Grin

- Tony356993 - 11-03-2006

Quote:NPR - Non Profit Racing????
          No Petting Relatives?
          Next Please Retard?
          Not Porsche Realted????

Am I getting close????

If you are talking about radio......  I think it's great, for the rest of the world

Granola anyone?

- TwentySix - 11-03-2006

ccm911 wrote:

Quote:Do you think the folks from Millville would mind if we showed up toting guns while driving loud cars? Smile

Ever been to Millville? They call that Saturday Night [Image: tongue.gif]

- Nick - 11-04-2006

IF anyone is going to the meeting and would like to get together before or afterwards, please let me know.

- smankow - 11-05-2006

Nick, I'm heading down and may also be bringing down Chris Karras and Graham Knight.  I'd be interested in getting together after, but I'm not a sushi fan.

Steve

- Nick - 11-07-2006

Several PCA members from both RTR and Schattenbaum attended last night’s town meeting in Millville, NJ. The only concerns raised by the local citizens were how the contract was being handled. No one was in opposition of the track.

After the meeting, we had dinner with Lee Brahin and Harvey Siegel. They confirmed that ground breaking will be in early 2007.  They intend to run a full 40 week schedule in 2008.  After the dates of the spectator events are locked in, track dates will be offered to car clubs for DE and club races.

At dinner, I accepted a seat on their Green Flag Committee. This committee is involved in the development and construction of New Jersey Motorsports Park and its operating components. We help to inform the general public of the features and benefits of NJMP and to provide operational support for NJMP charitable events and related social and public affairs. 

I’ll continue to provide regular progress updates to this forum.