Riesentöter Forums
Thunderbolt DEC 10th!!!! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Thunderbolt DEC 10th!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=3051)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- MikeKling - 12-02-2011

A thousand pardons.  I stand corrected.  Let's just hope Ben951 reads this and brings double stuff Oreos lest he suffer a fate which cannot be mentioned here.   Afterall, Big Dave from Philadelphia does have rather high standards.

- Ben951 - 12-02-2011

They'll be doubles... I just haven't bought them yet as we want them to be fresh.

- CarreraS - 12-02-2011

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

- bobt993 - 12-03-2011

^^^^Put them in the freezer.  You  need a gallon of milk to go with them. 

For those attending, I will bring some hd in car cameras that a video can be made of their driving with pointers over-layed on what to work on.   This is a great inexpensive  track guide for you to use every time you go to that particular track.
Smile

- Dan Yonker - 12-03-2011

Bob.....

If I bring my Cayman, can you be my teacher? Smile

- bobt993 - 12-04-2011

alright smart ass , you coming???

- Dan Yonker - 12-04-2011

Game time decision, but likely not as I have my X-Mas party the previous night. Hangover probable..

- Marty Kocse - 12-05-2011

MikeKling wrote:
Quote:Ben,

I would never want to discourage anyone, but I really wouldn't recommend this for your very first event. I think you are making the right decsion to just observe. The entire DE program is built for students. Our season starts with the easiest track (5 turns) and is perfect for newbies. Thunderbolt has 14 turns, a tad bit harder to master. As this is not an official RTR event, it is going to lack some of the fundamentals that make it easier for new drivers.

I would strongly reccomend that you come down and see the action. Be sure to bring your helmet. I'm sure you'll be able to hitch a ride. You are going to find this one of the most welcoming groups your ever likely to meet. Just don't get between Dave Fellker and his milk and Oreos.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Ben,

I also agree with Mike here completely for safety sake. Since this is your first time ever to attend a DE, I would rather see you wait this year out and drive at your first DE next year. You can certainly attend and go for rides if they allow it, but definitely don't attempt to drive as this is your very first time. There are way too many things to learn and you will be overwhelmed, I guarantee it. An all day open track session is not the way to experience your first DE - it is just too much, too fast. Trust me on this one. There are about 100 other reasons I can give you in addition to the above as to why driving this weekend would not be a great idea. I certainly don't want to discourage you either, and I know how excited you must be, so, show up and go for a ride or two to get the feel for things, but definitely don't attempt to drive at the event.

If you want to discuss further, please PM me and I can give you my number.

Thanks, Marty, RTR Registrar and PCA Instructor

- Ben951 - 12-05-2011

Pm received and replied. Thanks Marty

- emayer - 12-08-2011

Sorry for the weird formatting, for those who didn't receive an email update the schedule and roster is below.  See everyone Saturday!

Schedule and Roster-

Schedule:

7:30     Registration-tech

8:00       Driver’s Meeting

8:30-9:00      Group 1

9:00-9:30      Group 2

9:30-noon     OpenTrack*

*May continue run groups in AM based on driver feedback

1pm-4pm      Open Track

RUN GROUP #1

NAME
CAR NUMBER