Riesentöter Forums
It's a drag...... racing that is... - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: It's a drag...... racing that is... (/showthread.php?tid=577)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Tony356993 - 08-07-2007

I'm in!

I dvr'd F1 and Maple Grove so no spoilers please.

- Phokaioglaukos - 08-07-2007

Here is the Friday afternoon schedule:

1:00 PM Top Alcohol Qualifying (Funny Car/Dragster) 
2:30 PM Comp Eliminator Qualifying
 3:00 PM Pro Stock Qualifying (PS Motorcycle/PS Car) 
4:00 PM Nitro Qualifying (Funny Car/Top Fuel Dragster)
5:00 PM Top Alcohol Qualifying (Funny Car/Dragster)
6:00 PM Pro Stock Qualifying (PS Motorcycle/PS Car)
7:00 PM Nitro Qualifying (Funny Car/Top Fuel Dragster)
8:30 PM Secure Track 

Is the really loud stuff Nitro Qualifying?

- Mike Andrews - 08-07-2007

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:Here is the Friday afternoon schedule:

1:00 PM Top Alcohol Qualifying (Funny Car/Dragster)
2:30 PM Comp Eliminator Qualifying
3:00 PM Pro Stock Qualifying (PS Motorcycle/PS Car)
4:00 PM Nitro Qualifying (Funny Car/Top Fuel Dragster)
5:00 PM Top Alcohol Qualifying (Funny Car/Dragster)
6:00 PM Pro Stock Qualifying (PS Motorcycle/PS Car)
7:00 PM Nitro Qualifying (Funny Car/Top Fuel Dragster)
8:30 PM Secure Track

Is the really loud stuff Nitro Qualifying?

Ok, same schedule. We want to be there by 4:00 to watch the first of the qualifying runs. And then back to the side of the track by 7:00.

Actually we really want them to be running an hour and a half or so behind schedule as we really want to see them run into the night. It's a sight to behold.....

Oh, and yes they are loud. Confusedhock:Confusedhock: They're even louder than the Track Ho......

- ccm911 - 08-07-2007

I plan to head up a bit earlier if anyone wants to join me.  Most likely, leave at about ten in the morning so I can watch the pits get set up.

I know that Mike will be easy to find.  Just look for the engines being rebuilt.

Mike, you may want to get there earlier so we can Antagonize Angel Savois(spell?) more thoroughly.

- jim booth - 08-07-2007

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:I plan to head up a bit earlier if anyone wants to join me. Most likely, leave at about ten in the morning so I can watch the pits get set up.

I know that Mike will be easy to find. Just look for the engines being rebuilt.

Mike, you may want to get there earlier so we can Antagonize Angel Savois(spell?) more thoroughly.
the pits are set up on thursday. take along hearing protectionConfusedhock: over the ear or at least foam ear plugs.

- ccm911 - 08-08-2007

Jim, are you coming on Friday?

I think it would be a great "Morale Booster" for the Dougherty Clan.

- jim booth - 08-08-2007

Chris, Yes I have the day off.   I go almost every year. If you don't want to sit in traffic when every one leaves at the same time I'll post directions for going the country road way.

- Tony356993 - 08-08-2007

Thanks Jim.

I'm heading up for the fun but I'm not sure what time just yet.

There are some excellent roads near MG but watch for deer. They are everywhere.

Do not eat at the Windmill Restaurant in Morgantown - nasty!

- jim booth - 08-08-2007

How to avoid traffic jam when leaving, (and going in later in the day). You have to park in the furtherest parking lot for this to work because all the traffic will be going the other way when leaving. Its about 3/4mi. walk to grand stand.          All distances are a good guess, not exact.

PA tpke. west to exit 286, pay toll, go straight 1/2mi. to rt 272 N. (NOT RT222). Turn R on 272 N. go 1/2mi.Turn right onto rt.897 (swartzville rd. with a name change to dry tavern rd ).Fallow 897 east, cross over pa tpke., the 3 rd left after patpke should be school rd. Turn left onto school rd. (Note; do not turn at Gehman school rd.,wrong one). Go about 1.2 mi. ( nice S turn on road) at stop sign turn left onto W.Maple grove Rd. Road then bears to right after 100 yards (fallow Main roadway) At next stop sign go straight (road name changes to E. Maple Grove Rd. ) Cross over Patpke again, after 1.2 mi road name changes to Bowmansville rd (you may not notice the name change , but you will notice the road surface change ). Go a further 6/10mi. to Maple grove park, turn right and park near the road you just turned off of. If you drive until you can see the race track,turn around and go back to top of the hill and park.  walk down hill on the road thru parking lot. This is the far out over flow parking lot, I think it is worth the walk to avoid traffic jam after race.  And check out the maps on msn live search,  you can zoom in and see every rd.  just type in maple grove park.
Do not pay to park ,some people charge to park in there yard, not worth it.

- JoeP - 08-09-2007

Comrades, attached is a map to Maple Grove.  Mike's route is highlighted in blue,.  The software picked a slightly different route, but shows all of the same roads, including the track itself.