Riesentöter Forums
WGI Roll Call 8/1-3/2008 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: WGI Roll Call 8/1-3/2008 (/showthread.php?tid=1255)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Phokaioglaukos - 07-24-2008

The weather forecast is good for the whole weekend.

I'm getting excited about seeing some familiar turns and good friends. Who knows, maybe I'll get my foot all the way down before T2 this weekend....

- LouZ - 07-24-2008

Heading up Thursday, staying @ Hilton Gardens.

Bringing the usual for the food table!

- AMoore - 07-24-2008

I can't wait.  I'm very excited to take another attempt at demistifying the twist.

- Brian Minkin - 07-24-2008

I lost 1 1/2 days to mechanical problems there in June so I can't wait to get back on the Glen.  Staying at the Falls.

Chris, pretend its the Miata and your foot will be down. Tongue You just got to have faith in turn two and the climbing esses.  Only problem is if you come up on slower traffic in the esses you have to lift and possibly brake. When I see slower traffic half way up the esses I ease off the throttle so I do not put myself in that situation.  I still am on them at the top and get the pass.

- cjbcpa - 07-25-2008

Put this in the dumb question category, but since its my first DE;

As a green group member, will there be green group runs on Friday, Saturday & Sunday or only Sat & Sun? I seem to recall reading somewhere that Friday's were for advanced DE groups only.

Thanks,

CB

- Phokaioglaukos - 07-25-2008

CB, this event is for all groups all days. Some others have advanced only or instructor only days, but not this one, so come up Thursday night. The first time at the Glen is a special experience--I envy you. Make sure you stop by the Seneca Lodge bar for a beer or a soda. You'll see a lot of the drivers there.

- cjbcpa - 07-25-2008

Thanks. I'm glad I asked and glad the hotel had availability to add Thursday night to my reservation!

See you all bright and early on Friday.

CB

- KennyB - 07-25-2008

I'm in.  First time at the glen.  Fourth DE event.  Yeee Haaww!
Staying at the Falls Motel.

KB

- catchacab - 07-26-2008

Brian Minkin wrote: You just got to have faith in turn two and the climbing esses. Only problem is if you come up on slower traffic in the esses you have to lift and possibly brake. When I see slower traffic half way up the esses I ease off the throttle so I do not put myself in that situation. I still am on them at the top and get the pass.

Chris, this has only happened twice for Brian. First time was at last years RTR Glen event on the first day when he took his Blue student out in Green, to show him the passing zones. The car passed was a stock 912. Second time was a Wednesday in January at 2AM. The stars were out and it was a full moon. Terry was awake because someone was snoring too loudly. Later that morning, fresh from a great nights rest, Brian strolled into the kitchen, cigarette in one hand with a big smile on his face. He wasn't wearing the same pajamas he had worn to bed.

- George3 - 07-26-2008

I'm in for Watkins Glen.  I'm going up Thursday and staying at the Falls.
This will be my fourth outing to the Glen this year.
Love this track, but need to treat it with a lot of respect.  Cool