Riesentöter Forums
Bertil Roos - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Bertil Roos (/showthread.php?tid=1389)

Pages: 1 2 3

- emayer - 11-02-2008

I'm considering dedicated track instruction in 2009 while looking for a more appropriate track car...  Was wondering if anyone attended Bertil Roos and has feedback to share or if there are any other good suggestions for training out there...

BTW, I was considering one of the 5 day courses, if anyone is also interested in attending please let me know.  -E

- George3 - 11-02-2008

Eric,

I submitted a very descriptive article to be published in the Der Gasser on Driving Schools.  I've attended several schools including the Bertil Roos 5-Day Road Racing School.

The "online" version of Der Gasser will have this article posted in the November issue.... before the published version is printed.   So, keep an eye out for it on the RTR Website!

George

PS-  you're on the right track !!!

- emayer - 11-03-2008

George,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us, looking forward to the article later this month....  -E

- George3 - 11-03-2008

Why did you sell the Turbo?
I thought you had it at a Driver Ed not too long ago...

- emayer - 11-03-2008

Good question!!! 

I struggled with this a bit, but having done a few DE's I felt from a safety and learning perspective that the car may be a bit much right now.  I loved the sheer thrust of it, but was left wondering if it was making things too easy... My wife who has been quite supportive of my addiction wasn't keen on a third P-car!

BTW-  I know you recently sold your GT3 as well, was it for similar reasons?  Any suggestions for a relative newbie?

- George3 - 11-03-2008

PM your email and phone number and we can chat some more.

- KennyB - 11-03-2008

Diasio!!??

Now you're talkin' track car!

Congrats, G

Eric:

Funny how great thinkers think alike.Smile  I'm not looking for a Diasio, but more likely a GT3 ('04 - '05).  How is your search going?

Ken Boyd

- George3 - 11-03-2008

Thanks, Kenny....

I just picked it up this weekend in southern VA.

[Image: 1-1.jpg]

- emayer - 11-04-2008

Congrats George!

She's a lean, mean, fightin' machine....

Enjoy in good health!

Ken-  Say it ain't so turbo brother!  I take some comfort in that you've reached the same conclusion... these cars are outstanding performers and a hoot to drive, but I'm (maturing?) and interested in working on skill.  That said, I'm researching presently and considering 993s (no elec. nannies), GT3 (track beast), or possibly a CaymanS (excellent balance).  Opinions wanted!!!

- TwentySix - 11-04-2008

George3 wrote:
Quote:Thanks, Kenny....

I just picked it up this weekend in southern VA.

Hey George!

Good luck with the car!! [Image: beerchug.gif]

sorry for the hijack Smile