Riesentöter Forums
T shirts at track events - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: T shirts at track events (/showthread.php?tid=1477)

- betegh9 - 12-17-2008

Geza wrote:
"For new people to this sport, the occasional shirt is great, but for those of us that have been doing this for some time, there are drawers full of shirts dating back to the 90’s that are never worn since the “born on date�? is too old. Do you want to wear a shirt dated 1992? Consider the waste. I would be glad to donate my old shirts to anyone interested.
Who would administer the program? Registration? They already have a lot to do.
Who would design, buy, pick up, deliver and inventory the shirts? In my past experience it is always hard to please everyone on design-wrong color, design, etc. Potential waste.
What happens when too many MED are ordered and not enough XXLs? There is great potential for waste.
Yes, the $12-17 for a shirt is very reasonable considering the cost of a weekend. However, when does this small amount start becoming a large amount? This smacks of pork barrel politics where “Why not add $7 million to a $700 billion bailout�? resides in Washington. I would rather take the same $12 and pay workers to man the pit out so we can better enjoy the weekend.
If advertising is the ultimate goal, why not look at media coverage, or reaching out to local auto parts stores and dealerships with information?
Why isn’t the idea of ONE sponsor paying for shirts explored for the mutual benefit of the sponsor, club and participant?"

OK Geza!
1. You can donate the T shirts you don't wear to me....... this way I don't have to walk around half naked showing off my 6 pac. Big GrinBig Grin
2. I am sure that you can get volunteers to hand out the T shirts. Since the dealers will have their logo on it, let them be active and participate to "Sign and Drive" at the events.
3. the goody store are quite experienced in this, they will place the order in behalf of the 2 logos on the T shirt. The design will include the date of the event but NO YEAR, so it will not seem outdated, for those who are concerned about it.
4. SIZE? Come on!.........I am sure that there is a ratio that the T shirt manufacturers know............ unless you are doing shirts for the HD club, then in that case, ALL shirts would be XXXL.
5. Pork barrel......... NO way! Get someone else to pay for it. That leads to the last point..............
6. I have written in the locked thread exactly your point, get the sponsors and dealers to pay for the shirts............ and I want mine T shirt in yellow with red lettering and long sleeve.CoolCool

:dude::dude::dude::dude:

- Mike Andrews - 12-18-2008

I did....

- Phokaioglaukos - 12-18-2008

Why lock it?

- Mike Andrews - 12-18-2008

I was asked by George to lock it and then remove it.....

- betegh9 - 12-18-2008

Mike Andrews wrote:
Quote:I was asked by George to lock it and then remove it.....

So we can continue the T shirt thread here, right? TongueTongueTongue:dude::dude:

- George3 - 12-18-2008

Yes you can.

- Darren - 12-18-2008

Oh no, do we have to hear about Nick's car again then?  Hehe, seriously Nick and I get along great we just like to poke fun at each other.

I liked Nicole's enthusiasm about creating a design.  Who normally designs shirts and things like that for us?

I understand Geza's point that he has many shirts, but to be honest, I like to wear track shirts at the track and usually they end up with grease stains, holes, etc.....

- betegh9 - 12-20-2008

Darren wrote:
Quote:Oh no, do we have to hear about Nick's car again then? Hehe, seriously Nick and I get along great we just like to poke fun at each other.

I liked Nicole's enthusiasm about creating a design. Who normally designs shirts and things like that for us?

I understand Geza's point that he has many shirts, but to be honest, I like to wear track shirts at the track and usually they end up with grease stains, holes, etc.....

Geza is NOT ALLOWED TO POST unless he drives a Vette with a 968 motor in it! TongueWinkWink Oh! or maybe a 968 with a vette motor??Confusedhock:Confusedhock:
OK Geza............. Just hand over the T shirts CoolCool:dude: