Riesentöter Forums
Fiat and Chrysler to link up? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Fiat and Chrysler to link up? (/showthread.php?tid=1583)

Pages: 1 2

- RCohen - 01-20-2009

ROME -Fiat and Chrysler said Tuesday they have signed a nonbinding agreement for a strategic alliance that would give the Italian auto empire a 35-percent stake in the troubled U.S. carmaker

Great!  Now your minivan will rust out before the mechanicals go!

Lets start a "top ten" of what will happen.

- ccm911 - 01-20-2009

Well, based on the wildly successful(sarcasm) alliance with Maserati, I guess we can really expect great things from this most unholy partnership.

- AMoore - 01-20-2009

You didn't like the Maserati LeBaron? 

- APXD 30 - 01-20-2009

Remember the Chrysler TC by Maserati?   A slightly restyled LeBaron convertible.

- AMoore - 01-20-2009

RCohen wrote:

Lets start a "top ten" of what will happen.

1. Fiat again, with the help of Chrysler, manufactures and markets the Yugo under the name Chrysler Nogo.

- APXD 30 - 01-20-2009

AMoore wrote:
Quote:You didn't like the Maserati LeBaron?
Dude, Aaron, you read my mind! We both posted the same thing @ the same time but I took a bite of my lunch.Smile

- APXD 30 - 01-20-2009

Agip motor oil becomes OEM spec in all Chrysler products.    Italy keeps supply low to boost demand and charges $10/quart.

I also saw on the CNBC web crawl last week that Renault-Nissan were trying to buy the Jeep brand.    There is some history back to the days of the Renault AMC alliance.

- emayer - 01-21-2009

There's a saying in Europe that you can watch Fiats rusting in the sales brochures!

Should make for a quality product in conjunction with Chrysler!......Confusedhock:

As an aside, I briefly drove the Opel Vectra and Astra (small and mid-sized sedans) and found them quite reasonable from a build and utility perspective while stable at Autobahn speeds.  I'd put these up against any Japanese/ Korean counterpart.  Leaves me wondering why in hell we can't have this type of GM product stateside?

- michael lang - 01-21-2009

emayer wrote:
Quote: Leaves me wondering why in hell we can't have this type of GM product stateside?
Ahh... $70/hr labor to build vs. probably $35/hr labor to build. Cost to build would probably put the car out of any profitable category to market.

- Sifury - 01-16-2012

Another good news from a car manufacturer Fiat company. Maserati Kubang SUV is coming in the U.S. auto industry. It has been known since last year that Maserati was focusing on an SUV based on Chrysler architecture. The car, the Maserati Kubang, was recently shown at the Detroit Auto Show. Same topic here Maserati Kubang SUV unveiled in Detroit .A luxury SUV for a global change in car design. This would result to a big competition among the car manufactures.