Riesentöter Forums
STILL no start - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tech (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Ask the Tech Chair (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: STILL no start (/showthread.php?tid=1637)

- Ripp87Turbo - 04-20-2009

Heyy, its me again, 6 mnths later and about 8 posts down from this, not a very busy forum but Ill try my luck.

Ok...

Car hasnt run in 6/mo...replaced Ign. switch, battery, cap, rotor, coil, plugs wires fuel filter. air filter. Ref sensors, sensor side and harness side. Fuel pump doesnt come on when key in in the ON position.
No spark form the coil, although I have 12v. Computers checked out, Thanks to Ian.
DME Jumper kicks on fuel, but no start still.
Tried bypassing the alarm, not sure if I did it.
I followed the instructions, linked 1 and 4 and 7 and 8...to check I then armed the alarm and opened the door and it deafend me in the garage.
Now something is telling me it didnt do it, made sure I had good contact on those points with my home made spade-ended wires. 

....where are the no-start pros?    I have the itch...its getting warm, you all know what I mean...I have to drive my baby. All help and insight is appreciated.  THANK you

- ccm911 - 04-21-2009

Hate to be simplistic, but are you in posession of a Bentley Manual?

Next:  Fuel pump should not run while key is in the ON position.  It should run when you crank to the START position, and continue running when released back to the RUN position.  Otherwise, every time you turned on the power, fuel would try to pump. I just went thorugh this same routine in my BMW.  I just popped the pump out and had a buddy crank the key while I monitored the Fuel Pump.  In my case, I had the terminal leads reversed on the pump.

Have fun.  You are almost there. Big Grin

- Ripp87Turbo - 04-21-2009

Well the pump is unmolested, and it does not run at all, during any part of me turning the key, it will only kick on and give the rail 40psi if I use a jumper and put direct power to the pump via the fuse panel.

- Darren - 04-22-2009

Yeah, the fuel pump won't run unless the crank is spinning -- the computer triggers the pump after it senses a crank signal.

What Chris said is generally true of Bosch electronics but not the 944...

Since it's controlled by the computer there could be an issue with that, or maybe with the crank sensor.  Check the plug for the crank sensor.  Check the power going to the computer.

You only need spark and fuel Smile  You can get a noid light to check the fuel injectors to see if they are getting signal, and you can always pull a plug with the wire hooked up, ground it to the head and see if i sparks.  It's gotta be one or the other...

- Larry Herman - 04-23-2009

What do you mean by "DME jumper kicks on fuel"?  If cranking the engine does not activate the fuel pump but jumpering it does, the first thing that I would try is a new DME relay.  They do not give any warning...they just stop working, usually at the worst times too.

- Ripp87Turbo - 04-26-2009

I soldered spade connecters onto a three headed wire and plugged them in terminals 87, 87b, and 30 where the DME would normally be....fuel pump kicks on....and yes I have tried all this while rotating between 3 DME's the original and 2 new ones.....as mentioned both crank sensors are replaced sensor side and connecter side all the way back to the computer, triple checked and soldered ground connection, the injectors are not firing nor do I get spark from the coil wire with a plug in it.