Riesentöter Forums
Event 1 of the RTR AX Season - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Event 1 of the RTR AX Season (/showthread.php?tid=2181)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- STEVEMCMORN - 04-02-2010

2010 Riesentöter AutoX+ Roadshow
Presented by Specialty Cars of Allentown PA
http://www.specialtycarsservicecenter.com

The first AutoX event of the 2010 'RTR AutoX+ Roadshow' will be with Blue Mountain region (ie Reading) SCCA at Maple Grove drag strip in ~3 weeks time on Sunday 25th April. The event is part of a weekend event with drift camp and car show – looks amazing! See their poster below

Here’s their description of their event: AutoX by Blue Mountain Region SCCA. 
We sold out of driver positions last year. We will sell out this year. First 100 that sign up for the car show get a 1 year subscription to Performance Auto and Sounds Magazine. Everyone that attends gets a chance to win a Garrett Gated and Water Cooled GT35 R Turbo. One will be given away each day! 
So sign up today.

Any driver, or show participant is allowed to have one co-driver or pit member at no cost.

The Auto cross will be at 2 or 3 heats and drivers will also be expected to be corner worker when they are not driving.

Directions (see caravan option below) - http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/blog/?page_id=22

Start time – tech opens at 8am, drivers meeting at 9am, first car away at 9.15am

Post event refreshments - we are continuing our tradition of having a beer and a bite to eat after each event – all invited – final location to be agreed at the end of the event.

Caravan - If anyone wants to caravan to the event together, please meet at the 'Peter J. Camiel' service plaza on the Turnpike - 8 miles west of Downingtown exit (312) at 7.15am and leave at 7.30am (available Westbound Only). As Steve will be on vacation in the UK, this event will be led by Ian Curtis and Veeeeeeeee.

Price – $45 early registration / $55 late registration
+ if not an SCCA member, will need a weekend membership = $15

Registration – follow this link: www.GreaterReadingAutoExpo.com
Entry is via motorsportreg.com (which is good cos that’s what we will use for RTR PnP AX in August). So we can all run together, please select the “super stock�? class

Parking - all try to park together when we get there

Safety - you will need a Helmet which must be rated Snell 95 rated or newer, "M" or "SA" (as dictated by SCCA national rules).

PAX Championship- Points will be awarded for attendance & final position at this event. If you want to participate in the Championship, you must have e-mailed your final MAV spreadsheet with your PPF to Vee by Monday 26th July (ie day after event 3) – if you have any questions, please e-mail rtrautox@hotmail.com or talk to us at Maple Grove or Hershey.

If coming, pls add a note to the forum so we know how many attendees to expect and let us know if you plan to join the caravan

Cheers

Steve Mc, Vee, Mike, Ian & Steve L.

- JimWirt - 04-03-2010

Any buddy in for the drift day?

- geza - 04-04-2010

I've got some corded Goodyear runflats if anyone wants to drift with them!

- betegh9 - 04-04-2010

Sorry I can't make this one.............. I'll be in Orlando watching my son-in-law break the world record in the 4 cylinder 1/8th mile in a 4 cylinder horizontally opposed 3.3L motor that is built from a one piece alluminum billet and cut on a CNC machine.  I'll keep you posted.

- csmith74 - 04-05-2010

I'm in.  I won't be meeting the caravan, that would more than double my drive time.  This is a good one to make, if Steve is out everyone else's points will go up.  Thanks, Steve!

- Vytenis - 04-06-2010

Registered.  Haven't been to this venue for autocross.

- CarreraSupercharged - 04-06-2010

I'm in as well,..

Still waiting for my rear main seal to arrive, but should have my engine back in the car by then, if not I may have to run with my sluggish volvo,... just for the fun of itBig Grin

I will not caravan with the rest of you, since I live south of Morgantown, which is right down the road from the Race Track.

See you all there.

Stephan

- csmith74 - 04-06-2010

CarreraSupercharged wrote:
Quote:I may have to run with my sluggish volvo,... just for the fun of itBig Grin
Why not take the YZR? That would be fun to watch

- Curtis427 - 04-07-2010

Can't wait to get the AX season started, I'm all signed up for Maple Grove SCCA AX event. 

I'll be at the Turnpike service area bright and early, with a coffee in my hand and my Silver 1989 Carrera Ready for a day of AX competition. 

Ian 

- Curtis427 - 04-20-2010

Latest update from the Maple Grove AX organizers 4/20/10

Hello Everyone.

Saturday will be here in a few days!  We are all excited to provide a fun day of racing, motorcycle stunts, import swamp meets and more.  The weather forecast says no rain on saturday and it may rain sunday.  No worries for you Auto X'r many of us have driven in the rain.  But we will make a decision to have a rain date for Auto X only if needed.  All pre-paid funds are completely transfered over to the next event.  We do still have spots for AutoX and Drifting.  We are having lots of media coverage.  www.GreaterReadingAutoExpo.com  Expect good things.  Driver spots may still sell out so if you or a friend wants to have a guaranteed spot.  Register today.  Registration closes on the 22nd so we can prepare classes, worker lists, and schedules.

One more update will follow.

I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Pete Gustis