Riesentöter Forums
Great Club - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Great Club (/showthread.php?tid=2385)

Pages: 1 2

- EASTONPA - 09-21-2010

Just want to take a moment to thank all of you at the club, it has been a positive and wonderful experience. I never met a group of people under the sun that’s as friendly and helpful as you all.
After much consideration in the past few days, my journey with the club will end here. Perhaps I am just not cut out for DE, its time to hang it up.

Thanks again for everything.

Steven Wu

- Tony356993 - 09-21-2010

Steve
There is plenty to do with the club besides de. Stick with us.

- ccm911 - 09-22-2010

Steve:

Tony is correct.  So DE is not your cup of tea.  Not the end of the world.  Some other aspects are Social Events, Driving Tours, Tech Sessions, Informal Tech Sessions in People's garages, Rally events, Skiing events, Dining events.

And you know what?  All the folks in the club are just like the DE crew in terms of being outgoing and friendly.

Why don't you stick around and give some other club opportunities a try?  You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

- Budman - 09-23-2010

Steven: Please reconsider. The non DE/AX contingency of the club is at least as big as the group that does do those events and we have a really good time on drive and dine type runs,  on our charity fund raising efforts, rallys, tours, ski trips, breakfasts, etc, etc. And some of the folks do one or both types of activities. This is the best group of car people you'll ever meet and those of us that will never DE or AX our cars still have a ball belonging and participating. See the home page for all the other activities. Easton isn't that far away so please join in.

Bud

- Racingswh - 09-23-2010

WTF?  Really??  Steve what are you talking about??  You were getting around well!!  I was out there and saw you.  What do you mean it's not for you??  Is it your driving, damage to the car, what?  PM me so I can talk some sense into you!!  LOL!!  This comes as a shock as both you and your car work very well!!

Steve W. Hoagland

- KennyB - 09-23-2010

What happened, Steve?

I am always looking forward to see your body count on the fender.  Is DE just not fun for you?  It seems like you always have a good time.  And like Steve H. says, you are doing just fine with acquiring the high performance driving skillset.  If you enjoy it, stay with it.  If not, like the others have indicated, there's lots to do beside DE.

Really, thers's not likely to be a much better way to enjoy your Carrera than with RTR!

KB

- betegh9 - 09-24-2010

EASTONPA wrote:
Quote:Just want to take a moment to thank all of you at the club, it has been a positive and wonderful experience. I never met a group of people under the sun that’s as friendly and helpful as you all.
After much consideration in the past few days, my journey with the club will end here. Perhaps I am just not cut out for DE, its time to hang it up.

Thanks again for everything.

Steven Wu

Steven,

I was behind you when you got loose coming out of turn 5 at the North course. I didn't mean to intimidate you, and I am glad that you had traction control on. I would think that most of us had some close calls at sometime or another, and I had my share and more. Believe me, these are all learning experiences, and you will become a better driver because of them. "If you are totally in control, you are NOT going fast enough". Some famous race driver said this, but the idea is that to know what to do in situations like the one you had, is to try it (in a safe location) and practice corrections. Attend as many car control cliniques as possible as well as driving on a skidpad.

So, don't leave, we like to have you to pick on Big Grin . Not really, but we can certainly talk about it and LEARN from each other.

- EASTONPA - 09-27-2010

Thank you all for the encourging words and support. Sorry I couldn’t post back earlier, I was @ the Glen with BMW this past weekend (it was too late to cancel) and couldn’t figure out how to tethering my laptop to the phone for internet access.

This past weekend allowed me to rethink the whole situation and I have come to a conclusion on my situation. Basically I have an issue, not a small one but a huge one. I am just trying too damn hard at this sport and I can’t stop thinking about it 24/7. Driving on the streets looking for the cones, turning into the apex and unwind for track out, waiting for the slow traffic ahead to give me a point by or wanting give a point by for fast approaching traffic . I am like a kid playing too much video game and can’t tell the difference between video game and reality. Looked up the dictionary for “addiction�?, and my behavior fit the meaning.

Not too concern about damaging my car on the track, I chose to play with fire and not going to complain if I get burned. My main concern is taking out someone else or hurt the instructor because of my mistake and that’s what bother me.

I need to take a chill pill, staying away from performance cars and driving to cure my addiction. Don't know if that's possible but will try. Thanks everyone.

- Darren - 09-27-2010

Just drive a pick up truck on the street Smile It works for me! Keeps my speed down...

Life is too short to give up things that give you enjoyment.

- stentech1 - 09-28-2010

You were progressing very well. I understand your concerns and respect your decision. The track setting is still the best place to utilize a car as capable as yours.  I hope to see you again with RTR even if it's not at the track.

Steve Meenan