Riesentöter Forums
For Sale: '98 Honda Civic HX - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Classifieds (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: For Sale (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: For Sale: '98 Honda Civic HX (/showthread.php?tid=2503)

- Vidal - 11-28-2010

SOLD!!!!!!

I am selling my 1998 Honda Civic, rare model HX. Despite its age, and 148k miles on the odometer, this car still gets up to 30/40 mpg city/hwy. It has: 1.6L VTEC engine; aftermarket rims; vent visors; smoked windows; front end bra; Viper security system with remote start (nice to have in the winter!); power door locks; power windows; power remote mirror adjustment; air conditioning; dual vanity mirrors; mechanical locking gas lid; mechanical remote trunk release; cloth seats; tilt-adjustable steering wheel; power steering; factory AM/FM radio with CD player; front disk brakes; mud flaps.

The car has been in the family since new. I have full repair records since its original purchase. The car is in great condition inside and out. There is some minor cosmetic damage to the front bumper cover and hood that is covered by the front end bra. A known problem for this model is that on very cold winter days, the driver side window may fall out of its track if lowered (fix involves replacement of front window track or window mechanism, which I never did since it takes me only 15 minutes to put it back in track). The car runs extremely well, is very responsive and is a blast to drive, so it was dubbed “The Roach�? by my kids because it is all black, scurries around like an insect, and just doesn’t seem to die. And, it is a fuel miser and still gets up to 30 mpg in the city and up to 40 mpg on the highway (save you hundreds of dollars each year in gas). It’s a great car for a college student or for kicking around on errands.

Asking $3000 obo. PM me if you have questions or want additional information.

- dmano - 11-29-2010

Auto or stick, A/C

- Vidal - 11-29-2010

Thanks for pointing out the omission: it is a 5 speed manual and does have air conditioning.

Cheers,

V

- Marty Kocse - 11-29-2010

What happens if the remote start is activated and the 5-speed is left in gear by accident?

Vidal wrote:
Quote:Thanks for pointing out the omission: it is a 5 speed manual and does have air conditioning.

Cheers,

V

- Vidal - 11-29-2010

Hi Marty,

Indeed, that is a problem and the reason most people will not install a remote start on manual transmission car. Because of this, I have always used the parking brake and left it in neutral. However, this is the only car I do this with and my P-cars are always left in gear. However, it is somewhat difficult to activate because you have to simultaneously press two buttons on the remote (which is very unlikely to happen by accident).

So long as we're talking about this topic, the previous owner (i.e., my wise-guy brother) did have an incident where the remote start was "accidentally" engaged. As expected, the car started to crank up but my brother immediately cancelled the start-up by hitting the two buttons again. It's a good thing he did, because he had not parked the car himself. It was parked by a lot attendant, so it was in gear. And, since this was in New York City, the car was actually parked on an elevated parking spot! It would have driven right off the ramp and onto the pavement (or another car). Now that would have been a bone-head video for the internet!

So, if you ever do plan on using the remote start, you will have to get into the habit of leaving it in neutral. I do have the manual for the unit, so it may be possible to disable that function.

- dmano - 11-29-2010

I am interested in your car when can I see it?

- Vidal - 11-30-2010

PM sent.

- Vidal - 12-11-2010

Car is sold!!! Many thanks to those that inquired.

Happy Holidays,

Vidal