Riesentöter Forums
Chester County Drive & Dilworthtown Wine Festival, Oct 9th - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Social (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+--- Thread: Chester County Drive & Dilworthtown Wine Festival, Oct 9th (/showthread.php?tid=2702)

- pgcays - 09-25-2011

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to get the word out that there's been a change in the start time for the drive from what was published in Der Gasser. New start time is meet at 9-9:15, leave at 9:30 from the Target in Concordville, PA.

The drive will be a scenic 1 1/2- 2 hr drive through Chester County's Hunt country ending at the Dilworthtown Inn outside of West Chester for their annual Fall Wine Festival and car show. Please see the website or Der Gasser for more details. If you're interested in joining us, please let me know so that I can make sure we have enough parking.

Hope to see you there.

Paula

Membership@rtr-pca.org

- pearlcoupeg35 - 09-26-2011

sounds like a great drive --- unfortunately i will be in Miami for the weekend but will be there in spirit Cool

- Budman - 09-26-2011

Thanks for arranging this one more time. I'm pretty sure I'll be in town to attend this year again and even my navigator should be riding along this year. You can put me down for a probable/likely.

Bud

- pgcays - 10-03-2011

Bump.

- 944BlueS - 10-06-2011

Paula,

Could you please describe the format of the drive? I see the reference to a navigator or gps---is this a rally or are we all just following each other? I would like to attend and I'm trying to free up the day. Dilworthtown is always a great stop. Have many people signed up?

Thanks,

Mark

- pgcays - 10-06-2011

Hi Mark,

It's not a rally or timed event, it's a scenic drive/tour through the country. We'll be following each other, but there are quite a few turns, so I suggested GPS to minimize people getting split off from the group and lost. Wouldn't want anyone to get lost and miss the festival.... The navigator or GPS were just recommended, not in any way mandatory.

The weather looks to be great, sunny and 80, so if you can join us it should be a fun day. We have just over 20 cars signed up so far, some just doing the drive, some just doing the festival, but most are doing the full event. We have premier parking right on the festival grounds (in the car show area) so we won't be hiking from the "north 40" parking lot like everyone else.

Hope that your day frees up and you can make it.

Paula

- Craigs*84 - 10-06-2011

Hello Paula,

This sounds like a fun outing we would like to attend. Where exactly is the target in Concordville ?

- pgcays - 10-07-2011

The Target in Concordville is in the Concordville Town Center at the corner of routes 1 (Baltimore Pike) and 322 in southwest Delaware County. It's a relatively new shopping center, so if your GPS maps are old it might not show up. There is also a Home Depot here, so you may see their sign more easily (it's right next to the Target).

Coming from I-95, exit at 322 West toward West Chester. Shopping center will be on the left just before the intersection at Route 1 (it's several miles from 95).

Coming from Turnpike, exit at Midcounty (I-476). Head south, exit at Route 1 (Springfield/Lima). Go toward Lima on 1 south. Shopping center is on the left. Turn just past the intersection at 322.

Coming from 202 (King of Prussia), take 202 S to Route 1. Left on Route 1 N. Shopping center will be on the right past Wawa.

Hope this covers all of the bases. See everyone on Sunday!

- 944BlueS - 10-08-2011

If we can only make the show/wine fest, what time do we need to arrive and do we need to make special arrangements?

Thanks. Cool

- pgcays - 10-08-2011

If you're just coming for the Dilworthtown part, plan on arriving at 11:30 ish. Come in to the Dilworthtown from the 202/Stilmon Volvo side. The police will have the road blocked off, but let them know you're with the car show and they should let you through.