Riesentöter Forums
February 2012 good Buy's in Porsche-land - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Classifieds (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: For Sale (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: February 2012 good Buy's in Porsche-land (/showthread.php?tid=3114)

- arena - 02-09-2012

So it's the dead of winter, which for us porsche salespeople is a very slow time of year.  It's kind of hard to get excited about a sexy sports car when it's cold, and gray outside, and there is only 4 hours of sunlight per day.

As one might expect, however the absolute best time to buy a sports car from a pricing standpoint.  On average, the price swings upward something like $3 to $5k a car from February to June....

Anyway, so because it's so slow, I thought I would put together a list of cars that I think are smart purchases, and why-  This way the club can get a bit of an insiders look into trading Porsches...  So here we go-

2009 Cayman S, 6 spd, 37,000 Miles - Arctic Silver/ Black

[Image: WP0AB29879U780698-1.jpg]

This is a well- maintained, single owner car that was sold and serviced here at the dealership.  Despite being daily driven and having relatively high miles, this car is in excellent shape and feels solid and fast with no squeaks, rattles, etc.   The 2009 chasis is updated with a handful of little tweaks, but the major improvement is the engine, which is the 3.4 liter, 320 hp direct-injection unit that everyone is growing to love so much for it's duribility and mid-range power.

At this point, the car has much higher mileage than most Cayman's out there and hasn't sold despite being the lowest priced.  Considering most post-2009 Cayman S's are still hovering in the low $50k's, this car would be a great buy at $45k with a year left on the warranty.

This is a car that could be purchased for $45k, driven for 3 years and traded for at least $30k, and at $5k a year, thats not bad to drive what is essentially a new Cayman S...

2004 911 Turbo Cabriolet, Paint to Sample Ferrari Blue, 15k miles

[Image: WP0CB29934S675730-1.jpg]

This car had an outrageously high sticker price ($142,000!) - the original owner purchased it to hold him over while he waited for his Ferrari F360 to be built, and the second owner rarely drove it.  The car appears to have never seen rain, has the hard top and is all around in spectacular condition.   Average asking price for cars like this are well into the 60's right now, so this car is a good buy for $57,500.   Considering there will not be any new turbo production coming from Porsche for the next two years, I think that just adds to it's short-term value.

2008 Boxster, Dark Blue/beige 6-speed manual, 27k miles
[Image: WP0CA29888U712503-2.jpg]
Boxsters are always a great buy in february, and this is just a nice clean car that is certified-pre owned (factory warranty for another two years) with lots of life left on the tires and breaks.    If you're looking for a boxster, at $31k for a certified car this is a no-brainer.

If you or anyone you know is interested in a porsche, PLEASE refer them to me and I will give them a bang-up deal and great service. 

Jonathan Arena

Desk - 484-684-1835

Mobile - 215-7404131

jarena@donrosenimports.com