Riesentöter Forums
Thank you for a great Riesentoter DE season! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Thank you for a great Riesentoter DE season! (/showthread.php?tid=3586)

Thank you for a great Riesentoter DE season! - Racingswh - 10-21-2013

Good Morning Everyone,

I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to all those hard working volunteers as well as the participants that make our Riesentoter DE program so enjoyable and successful! This was my 10th season participating in drivers education with Riesentoter and I have to say it was a great one. I have participated in events with other regions and organizations in the past and it is my firm belief that Riesentoter puts on some of the best driving events that can be found. At every level I find the events to be just just fantastic.

It was a great weekend at Summit Point for myself and my family. For us it was an incident free weekend where my wife was promoted, my brother in law's car stayed together and he drove it great, my Dad had an awesome time and drove better than ever and in the Sunday morning second Red session I ended up going faster than I have ever gone at Summit before by almost 3 seconds. A great way for us to end the season.

Thank you again to everyone who makes this fun and exciting!

Best Regards,

Steve W. Hoagland

RE: Thank you for a great Riesentoter DE season! - saucerman - 10-21-2013

I know all of our DE guys try to make each event as safe and successful as possible. It's nice for you to take the time and thank them personally.

it sounded as though this was a nice family affair....it would be nice maybe to draft up a small little article for Der Gasser.

Thanks

RE: Thank you for a great Riesentoter DE season! - Phokaioglaukos - 10-21-2013

One of my former students made it a point to say this past weekend that he lives in the catchment area of another PCA region, but prefers to drive with Riesentöter because our members are all so friendly and welcoming. Our participants have many choices of DE sponsors, including several that are for-profit businesses and not all-volunteer clubs such as ours. The folks who run our DE program deserve all of our thanks for making us a popular choice--THANK YOU!

RE: Thank you for a great Riesentoter DE season! - Terry - 10-24-2013

(10-21-2013, 08:44 AM)Racingswh Wrote: Good Morning Everyone,

I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to all those hard working volunteers as well as the participants that make our Riesentoter DE program so enjoyable and successful! This was my 10th season participating in drivers education with Riesentoter and I have to say it was a great one. I have participated in events with other regions and organizations in the past and it is my firm belief that Riesentoter puts on some of the best driving events that can be found. At every level I find the events to be just just fantastic.

It was a great weekend at Summit Point for myself and my family. For us it was an incident free weekend where my wife was promoted, my brother in law's car stayed together and he drove it great, my Dad had an awesome time and drove better than ever and in the Sunday morning second Red session I ended up going faster than I have ever gone at Summit before by almost 3 seconds. A great way for us to end the season.

Thank you again to everyone who makes this fun and exciting!

Best Regards,

Steve W. Hoagland

3 seconds? Epic! How did you do that?

RE: Thank you for a great Riesentoter DE season! - Racingswh - 10-28-2013

(10-24-2013, 09:57 PM)Terry Wrote: 3 seconds? Epic! How did you do that?

Hi Terry,

If you remember last year I was in the Viper second session Sunday morning with you, Chris K., John B. and a couple others. I went 1:21.18 that session which was the fastest I had ever gone around there. That day the car was on street tires.

This year Sunday morning second session the car was on Hoosiers. I was basically by myself but when I pulled out onto track Jeff flew past and I used him as a rabbit the whole session. The gap was coming down very slowly and I knew I must be flying. Sure enough get back in and Dad walks up holding a quick time of 1:18.31. The only change to the car was the tires. I was quicker literally everywhere with lot's of speed picked up in 3,4 and 10. Not bad since we put the street tires back on and drove it home. Crazy fast for a street car. Honestly though there is a lot left in the car. I just need to improve my level of driving skill to be able to access all of the performance it can give me. I think it's a 1:15-16 car there. We are changing the diff gear ratio over the winter so it should pull much harder and eliminate the need to go to second gear in slow corners. Should make a lot of difference. Anyway that's how it picked up almost 3 seconds. Changing to the Hoosiers.

Steve W. Hoagland

RE: Thank you for a great Riesentoter DE season! - Terry - 10-28-2013

Sounds like more you and less the tires. Great job! I was running lows 1:20s but couldn't quite get to 1:19. I need a few more days to get used to the car (but then the tires...) i wonder what Cup cars are supposed to run there? Jeff was really pumped to be running 1:18s. See you next year!

RE: Thank you for a great Riesentoter DE season! - Phokaioglaukos - 10-28-2013

This year in the PCA race Holt ran a 1:15.2 in a 997 cup.
Moses had a 1:15.9 in a 996 cup.

RE: Thank you for a great Riesentoter DE season! - Terry - 10-28-2013

Smokin'! Gives us mortals something to shoot for.

RE: Thank you for a great Riesentoter DE season! - Racingswh - 10-29-2013

I was watching you Terry as you were running down Greg third session on Sunday and you looked like you were getting really comfortable in the car. With an open track 1:19's were definitely within reach. I just love your new car!! Congrats!

Thanks for putting those times up Chris. That's what I thought the answer would be. Cup cars are so incredibly capable and fast. A 1:15 is really rolling.

I remember back in October 05' at Summit when Brian Smith had Katherine Weber in his car. He was running high 1:18's and Don was running very low 1:19's in his 996 Cup (both cars timed by me) and Brian was just able to get by Don as I recall on the run up to 10. That was a great session to watch. They were having lot's of fun. The 21 car nearly carried the right front tire all the way through 10 as Brian was on the gas.

That session was always ingrained in my mind and when I went in the 1:18's at Summit I knew I finally was getting around pretty well.

What a great weekend!! So much work now to get ready for next season. My wife's car will be loud and scary next season with new suspension to match!! Neither of us can wait but I am going to enjoy this winter doing work on the cars. Great way to turn off the cell and get away from work a couple hours at a time!!

If I can ever do anything for anyone regarding cars, driving or whatever don't hesitate to reach out to me. I would love to help in any way that I can. Hope to see everyone sooner than later!!