Riesentöter Forums
Weekend Road Trip this summer - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Touring (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Weekend Road Trip this summer (/showthread.php?tid=3654)

Pages: 1 2

Weekend Road Trip this summer - saucerman - 02-11-2014

...last year we went to Niagara Falls and for those of you who went, you know our social chair plans on helleva good time....this year's trip will be to Annapolis, Maryland on August 1st to 3rd....so plan now and visit here for more details and to rsvp

RE: Weekend Road Trip this summer - Budman - 02-11-2014

Great choice, great town. Already RSVP'd and looking forward to it.

Cheers.

Bud

RE: Weekend Road Trip this summer - saucerman - 02-25-2014

Wow....we already have 24 people booked for this weekend.....Wendy plans one hellava trip

RE: Weekend Road Trip this summer - daiver8772911 - 02-25-2014

I just booked the hotel for Laurie and I. We are looking forward to the trip...never been there. Now for decisions; the 87 or the 72?

RE: Weekend Road Trip this summer - David Newton - 07-31-2014

Looking forward to the trip tomorrow... climate not looking as promising as I hoped, but I'm not a weather weenie either, so taking the Cayman rain or shine.

RADIOS

If you have FRS (Family Radio Service) radios, bring them along! It can help keep the group together and shout out police traps or other hazards along the way. I have committed to 6, but that's less than one for every six cars.

We tune to channel 9 (what else); no sub-channels since not all radios (like mine) have the capability.

See y'all tomorrow morning!
Cool

RE: Weekend Road Trip this summer - saucerman - 07-31-2014

I'm not a weather weenie either as all of you know....we have about 30 cars driving down and there are known speed traps along the way...we are in no rush to get there. Trying to stay together as a pack is a bit of a challenge, especially with this many cars and the distance. Having the radios is good but if you do get separated, that why we have directions for everyone.

I will be fun despite the chance of black clouds

Radios are certainly not the solution for corralling 30+ cars, but for those of you who want to travel along in small groups to monitor traffic etc., by all means bring them along...

And to hear my rendition of "Summer Wind" you will want to stay within a 1-2 mile range. Or well outside of it if not...
Cheers

RE: Weekend Road Trip this summer - Budman - 07-31-2014

Just had my tire pressure monitoring go out and my brake pad warning light go on this afternoon. Go figure. So maybe I should lead since there is a chance I won't be able to stop. Actually I just got back from Performance Automotive and they think it's safe to make the trip. Bigger problem is those ominous red lights on my dash that I need to tune out. Pads will get swapped next week and TPMS some time in November when it's in for it's annual. See ya'll in the AM.

RE: Weekend Road Trip this summer - David Newton - 08-04-2014

Might not be the place to post, but I'd like to shout out a special thanks to Wendy (and Jeff) Walton for such a great arrangement of this trip... perfect venue, superb choices for meals (The Chart House was particularly excellent), and one of the best tours EVER at the Naval Academy. Won't forget this one for a while... even the weather held up.

And BTW still rockin' to the caravan CD. Yep, they thought of everything. Nice job!

Cheers