Riesentöter Forums
5 warnings was not enough - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: 5 warnings was not enough (/showthread.php?tid=368)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Tony356993 - 03-05-2007

This past w/e @ Summit Point we had 2 nice weather days on  Fri & Sat but Sunday was 28 degrees in the morning and very windy. During the instructors meeting and no less than 5 TIMES during the driver's meeting everyone was warned that the track was cold and tires would be cold.

1st Session - 9am - temp about 30 degrees. A 996 GT-3 (white group) decided to exit the pits way too fast and within 30 feet of passing the pit out cones, lost control, made a 90 degree turn and hit the tire wall on the right. The front bumper was destroyed, there was radiator fluid everywhere and he needed to be trailered home.

Remember all - it is driver's ed and there is no prize money. Use common sense each and every time you get behind the wheel - esp on the track.

- Wellardmac - 03-05-2007

If we had an icon for headbutting the wall I'd be using it. Nice car driven by a dufus.

...come on, cold tires, what more needs to be said?!?. Argh!

- Tony356993 - 03-05-2007

They used to talk about the "walk of shame" back in my college days. This guy had the "drive of shame" being towed back through the staging cars to the trailer. Usually there are quite a few lerkers after an incident. Only the track chairs went over to the guy to fill out the reports. Pretty sad.

- TwentySix - 03-05-2007

You mean like this??

[Image: banghead.gif]

Glad it went well for you Tony  Smile

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-05-2007

That was me! Oh, wait a minute, I was at the office all weekend and am still here. WIsh I had been there, at least for Saturday.

How's the car running, Tony? Doing the VIR trip (which I also cannot do, boo hoo.)

- smankow - 03-05-2007

don't feel too bad, Chris.  I worked all weekend, too.  And, I can't get to VIR, either.  In fact, I also can't get to the Schattenbaum SP event in April.

Maybe, I can get to the Glen on the 16th or 17th.

Steve

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-05-2007

Unless things cool down I'll miss Schattenbaum at SP too. At least I'm registered for it. At least we're having fun!

- stentech - 03-05-2007

That guy clearly lacks the level of car control necessary to run solo.  At least it happened there instead of an area where he could have crashed into someone or possibly been injured.

- Brian Minkin - 03-05-2007

stentech wrote:
Quote:That guy clearly lacks the level of car control necessary to run solo. At least it happened there instead of an area where he could have crashed into someone or possibly been injured.
Seems he lacked EGO controll as well.

- Racingswh - 03-06-2007

He was probably doing the all important tire warming weave when he layed into the throttle.  I am not sure how exactly it could have happened otherwise.  I am pretty sure that even if you get wheelspin the car won't snap right and dart off the road. 

I think poor throttle control while feeding in steering input was probably his demise.  Guys and girls that are good can go wicked quick on stone cold tires.