Riesentöter Forums
Favorite tracks poll: take II - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Favorite tracks poll: take II (/showthread.php?tid=396)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-28-2007

Let's see if this poll can produce some useful information. If you you have read this far, please vote!

Pocono through Watkins Glen are the tracks currently on the RTR schedule. The second group are those that RTR does not currently run but which seem to attract people in the RTR area.

Polls are limited to 10 choices, so I left Lime Rock and some other tracks off the list.

- smankow - 03-28-2007

Chris, just curious as to why put in Canadian tracks but not Lime Rock or Mid-Ohio?

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-28-2007

LRP I left off as it is expensive, busy and does not allow Sunday events. Mid-Ohio I just did not think about. The Canadian tracks are new, seem popular and are not much farther for many of us than VIR.

I wish I could have added more tracks, but 10 is the limit on this site.

- TwentySix - 03-28-2007

I'd vote for Lime Rock Park and Mid-Ohio if they were on the poll... I don't see an issue with LRP not running on Sundays, 5 of 7 events on our calendar are Friday/Saturday/Sunday... hope to see you at Summit with Schattenbaum on Friday and Saturday of next week  Smile

I've heard of folks having trouble crossing the border into Canada with trailered race cars--One racer I know of was made to empty and repack the whole rig--anyone have any experience trailering up into Canada?  

- smankow - 03-28-2007

I haven't trailered there yet.  I have heard the same, but the problem tends to be coming back to the U.S.  If you trailer there (or simply drive there), it seems best to have a complete inventory of all items that you are bringing (including tools) to avoid any issues.

Steve

- Brian Minkin - 03-28-2007

Mid Ohio is a must do track and is about 10 hours away for most of us.  I did an event there last year and definitely want to go back. I have heard some stories of being detained by customs for several hours coming back from Canada with a race car in an enclosed trailer while they sniffed around the trailer.

- Tony356993 - 03-28-2007

With RTR?

Summit, Glen, VIR for the poll. Hanging out with y'all at any track = priceless. Wink

- bobt993 - 03-28-2007

I dissed VIR on the survey.  It is one of my favorite tracks, but not realistic for RTR ala distance.  The guys/gals that go there..... go there and endure the drive down.  Hell, I think there were 20 plus RTR's there this year.  Close enuff fer meee to RTR event.

Now for whats on the list, Beaver looks the most feasible to add.  Mike A. could really help on his experience on this one. 

- Mike Andrews - 03-29-2007

Bob,

I really don't know what happened with that track.. When I approached them, years ago, about geting a weekend date they took my name and number and said they would contact me once they start booking dates.  Well, the next thing I know I start hearing bout people booking events.  When I call them they don't have any dates for us.  They then said they would get in touch once they start on the other part of the track..........  I tmight be a good idea to get Tom involved.  We should mention that to him tomorrow.

- stentech - 03-29-2007

What is a calibogie? Sounds gross.