Riesentöter Forums
996 race car for sale - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Classifieds (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: For Sale (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: 996 race car for sale (/showthread.php?tid=4555)

996 race car for sale - PGas32 - 08-03-2022

2001 911 race car for sale, fully sorted and ready to go for HPDE or AER, and can be configured for several different PCA classes.  Current PCA logbook.  Professionally built and always maintained by Porsche race shops, no expense spared. [b]Asking $40k[/b]

[b]Specs include[/b]:
-JPC cage
-Moton 2-way adjustable remote reservoir shocks, completely rebuilt ~15 hours ago
-All GT3 suspension pieces 
-GBox tranny with shorter 3rd-6th and Porsche Motorsport LSD, approximately 30-40 hours ($15k new)
-stock tranny with Guards LSD also included
-AiM MXP dash with oil and brake pressure sensors
-Sentinel livestream video system ($2k new)
-Schroth belts good through 2026, OMP seat good through 2025
-Fire bottle good through 2023
-Spec 996 wing, stock Aero kit wing and front splitter also included
-Giro disk rotors
-3 complete sets of wheels, plus 3 additional wheels

[b]Background:[/b]
Car was built as a PCA H-class competitor by a long-time PCA racer.  Professionally maintained by Provost Motorsport in Bordentown, NJ.  When the previous owner moved up to a GT3 Cup car, myself and three other former SPB racers bought this car to develop it into an AER endurance racing platform.  Unfortunately that never materialized, but car was thoroughly gone over and shaken down at several DE's within the last year.  It was also raced with PCA at VIR this past spring.  As it sits right, the car is perfect for DE and AER.  It's on soft springs for 200TW street tires, has the big front splitter and rear wing, and GBox tranny installed.  To race it competitively in PCA would require setting it up to run in H-class...the tranny would have to be swapped to stock, stiffer springs installed, stock rotors installed, and the aero removed (the wing absolutely destroys top-end speed anyhow, I would not recommend driving with it on).  The aero mods would bump the car into I-prep, and the GBox tranny moves it to GT3 where it is uncompetitive.  

No damage history under our ownership, and no known major shunts prior to that.  There are some Range 2 overrevs, but a recent compression test didn't sound any alarms.  Car weighs 2885lbs with 1/8 tank of fuel...figure 2870 zero fuel weight. 

Tom DiCesare of Brandywine Motorwerks in Newark, DE is a co-owner of the car and has maintained it to a professional standard.  The car has been gone over since it's last outing and needs nothing but gas to run tomorrow.  

Please contact me via PM here for further questions - I'll either answer directly or put you in touch with Tom if I don't know the answer myself.  

Thanks!
Phil

[Image: _23a0364_4d510ef4dac75aeea089f8606b276a4420090a9e.jpg]