Riesentöter Forums
Shenandoah - Great Start to the Year! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Shenandoah - Great Start to the Year! (/showthread.php?tid=480)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- Tony356993 - 04-29-2007

Very well done Tom & Jack!

The word around the paddock was all praise for the event. All of your time and effort payed off in a well organized, safe, & fun event. You guys even handled the weather for us. Also, I  understand that Jack's classroom was a big hit. I might have to sit in next time. Big Grin

I took some pictures and will post in the next day or two. If anyone wants to post some pix, post 'em here.

Thanks again.

- APXD 30 - 04-30-2007

I attended the Green/Blue classroom session.   The video analysis way very well done.   I agree that it was a nice start to the season.

Thanks guys!

- Mike Andrews - 04-30-2007

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:Very well done Tom & Jack!

The word around the paddock was all praise for the event. All of your time and effort payed off in a well organized, safe, & fun event. You guys even handled the weather for us. Also, I understand that Jack's classroom was a big hit. I might have to sit in next time. Big Grin

I took some pictures and will post in the next day or two. If anyone wants to post some pix, post 'em here.

Thanks again.

Let's not forget Carol, Steve and Paul...

Or the two (Jim and James) that dedicated their weekend to the skid pad.

Great job guys....

- larrybard - 04-30-2007

From the perspective of this greenie, not only was the event generally well done, but the classroom sessions were terrific and greatly appreciated, especially the turn by turn analysis of the track.  I never thought I'd say that I wouldn't have minded an even longer classroom session, but Jack's presentation was extremely effective.  And the skid pad was a great bonus.   I'm certainly looking forward to more time on it in the future, and I don't think I spoke to anyone who wasn't enthusiastic about it.  Great food, weather, instructors (thanks, Mark, and Steve) -- I don't know what more I could have asked for (except a stronger stomach, but at least I had the nausea problems sufficiently under control to avoid messing up either my car or instructor, and Mark was able to reciprocate).  Thank you everyone!

In that same vein (or should I say alimentary canal?), I'm a bit apprehensive about the Jefferson Circuit event.  And as a practical matter I have to make a decision by midnight tonight.  My patch helped somewhat (compared to what I experienced at Shenandoah last year), but I can't say it came close to eliminating the queasy stomach completely.  So I may give it a rest after Pocono.

Anyway, thanks guys!

- Phokaioglaukos - 04-30-2007

It was indeed a superb event. Thanks to the more experienced drivers who rode with me and who let me follow them. I think I got some good video. We have a great group of folks!

Having the skidpad available was really great!

- michael lang - 04-30-2007

Yes I would agree also that the event was very well organized and run. Jack did an excellent job in classroom keeping the class material interesting. I would also like to say Thank You to my instructor Jim Hartman for taking his time to explain things so that I understood what he was teaching. The time he spent with me in the car was very much appreciated. He did an outstanding job working with me!

- Tony356993 - 04-30-2007

Quote:Let's not forget Carol, Steve and Paul...
Sorry, my apologies. Wink

Quote:Or the two (Jim and James) that dedicated their weekend to the skid pad.

I gave them their own thread. Cool

- Brian Minkin - 04-30-2007

larrybard wrote:
Quote:In that same vein (or should I say alimentary canal?), I'm a bit apprehensive about the Jefferson Circuit event. And as a practical matter I have to make a decision by midnight tonight. My patch helped somewhat (compared to what I experienced at Shenandoah last year), but I can't say it came close to eliminating the queasy stomach completely. So I may give it a rest after Pocono.

Anyway, thanks guys!

Larry,

Shenandoah is the only track that I have ever experienced severe nausea on. A little as well on Pocono South, but nothing like Shenandoah. Jefferson has never had that effect. Just wanted to give you some feed back to weigh into your decision.

Brian

Where are we putting pictures?????

I have hi res copies if you guys want any....