Riesentöter Forums
A NEW Annual Event? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: RTR's 60th Anniversary Celebration (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: A NEW Annual Event? (/showthread.php?tid=622)

Pages: 1 2

- Porshagod - 06-11-2007

In light of the tremendous turn out, maybe this could be the start of a NEW annual event for the club! We could call it "Riesentoter Reunion 2", or "RR2" for short. After that, RR3, RR4, etc. Any thoughts?

- jakp993 - 06-11-2007

I also loved the event.  The food was great, the location was perfect, the activites were on-target, even the weather cooperated! 

It was great to see so many members and their cars in one place!  Especially the non-track people & cars that I do not get to see on a regular basis.

OTOH - I also know how much it cost the club to host the event.  The club's finances, as they stand today, could not regularly handle events like this without charging attendees.

So, being realistic, how much would folks be willing to pay per head for an event like the one we just had?

Take care,
Jack

- Porshagod - 06-11-2007

I think it goes without saying that nobody would expect the Club to assume the full cost of putting on an event like this if it became an annual event. I'm sure we could put on a similar event annually, though on a smaller scale, at a reasonable cost to the members who wish to attend, with or without financial assistance from the Club. 

With all the positive feedback coming in from the event Sunday, I'm sure members would be willing to spring for a few bucks for an event like this, just as they do for a DE or Holiday Party event.

Before we get into a discussion on cost, details, etc, we should see if our members express enough interest in having an event like this.

- Wellardmac - 06-11-2007

Absolutely!

In fact I'd go to this over a holiday party, as it's a family event and I don't have to worry about getting a sitter.

- Wellardmac - 06-11-2007

BTW Porschagod - I loved your 928 - you have a great looking car!

Smile

- Phil G. - 06-12-2007

Really enjoyed the event as well. A great reason to actually take out my car for a run. Nice putting some faces with names. A scaled back version of this event annually would likely draw a significant turnout. I'd look forward to it!

Phil G.

- smankow - 06-12-2007

and it would get Phil to drive at least 60 miles per year Big Grin

- ccm911 - 06-12-2007

Right on Guys!!

Yearly would be great.  And I think that what made the event so awesome was the complete lack of structure.  We have proven that if we have a venue, food, Porsches, and good people, fun will be had by all. 

How about we do a scaled down version?  I say keep the same volume of cars and people, but maybe do it at a more reasonably priced venue?

I am just thinking out loud here,  but we finally had an event that EVERYONE could enjoy.  From the concour folks to the track folks, everyone fit in.

And we should all be sure to give a big shout out to the folks whose planning made this event come to fruition. 

- bobt993 - 06-12-2007

Chris,   Are you offering your house for the event?  Cool.  Put the keg on the back porch. 

- ccm911 - 06-14-2007

Bob, trips to Germany?  A Porsche?  A BMW?

We MUST use the fabulously wealthy Turgeon estate for our next gathering. Big Grin